Educational Goal Information
It is important to ensure the Admissions & Financial Aid Office has your current educational goal information.
Some programs offered at Shasta College are not eligible for Federal and State Financial Aid; All programs offered as an Associate’s Degree or higher are eligible. All Certificates must be approved by the Department of Education (DOE) prior to funding students enrolled in the program. In order to be approved by the DOE, they must be at least 16 units and lead to Gainful Employment.
Certificates Not approved for Federal or State Financial Aid
The following certificates are only eligible for the California College Promise Grant to waive the $46/unit enrollment fee. If you are enrolled in one of these certificate programs you will not be eligible for: Pell Grant, Cal-Grant, Full Time Student Success Grant, Student Success Completion Grant, Federal Work-Study or Federal Direct Student loans. You may also still apply for scholarships.
21-22 Certificates Eligible for California College Promise Grant Only
- Sustainable Landscape, CT.3431
- Business Administration, Business Entrepreneurship, CT.3055
- Customer Service Academy, CL.3133
Career & Life Success
- Career Success Certificate, CL.3415
- Life Success Certificate, CL.3416
- Wine Essentials, NCR.1002
- Wildland Firefighter I Academy, CL.3434
- Emergency Medical Services Specialization, NCR.1004
- English Second Language, NCR.1001
- Medical Scribe Specialist, CL.3455
- Nurse Aide/Home Health Aide, CL.3300
- Level 1 Case Management, CL.3417
- Life Management, CL.3252
- Level 2 Case Management, CT.3417
- Industrial Technologies, CL.3430
- PLC Automation, NCR.1005
- Watershed Restoration, CL.3421
English Second Language
- Non-Credit Certificate--ESL, NCR.1001
If you were previously enrolled in one of the certificates listed above, and have changed your major, please submit a Change of Information form to the Admissions & Financial Aid Office. If you need to meet with a counselor to create/update your Educational Plan please call (530) 242-7724.
Alternative Program Information
If you are pursuing the Associate Completion in the Evenings (ACE) program or the Bachelor's of Science (BS) in Health Information Management, information related to financial aid and these programs is listed below: