Some programs offered at Shasta College are not eligible for Federal and State Financial Aid; All programs offered as an Associate’s Degree or higher are eligible. All Certificates must be approved by the Department of Education (DOE) prior to funding students enrolled in the program. In order to be approved by the DOE, they must be at least 16 units and lead to Gainful Employment.

Certificates Not approved for Federal or State Financial Aid

The following certificates are only eligible for the California College Promise Grant to waive the $46/unit enrollment fee. If you are enrolled in one of these certificate programs you will not be eligible for: Pell Grant, Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant, Cal Grant, Student Success Completion Grant, Federal Work Study, or Federal Direct Student Loans. You may also still apply for scholarships.

23-24 Certificates Eligible for California College Promise Grant Only

Program Certificate
Agriculture Sustainable Landscape, CT.3431
Business Business Administration, Business Entrepreneurship, CT.3055
Customer Service Academy, CL.3133, NCR.1006
Small Business/Entrepreneurship Start-Up, NCR.1003
Career & Life Success Career Success Certificate, CL.3415
Life Success Certificate, CL.3416
Culinary Arts Wine Essentials, NCR.1002
Fire Technology Wildland Firefighter I Academy, CL.3434
Emergency Medical Services Specialization, NCR.1004
Foundational Skills English Second Language, NCR.1001
Health Sciences Medical Scribe Specialist, CL.3455
Nurse Aide/Home Health Aide, CL.3300
Human Services Level 1 Case Management, CL.3417
Life Management, CL.3252
Industrial Technologies PLC Automation, NCR.1005
Watershed Restoration Watershed Restoration, CL.3421
Water/Wastewater Treatment, CL.3420

If you are enrolled in one of the certificates listed above and would like to change your major, please submit a Change of Major Form to the Admissions & Financial Aid Office. If you need to meet with a counselor to create/update your Educational Plan please call (530) 242-7724.

Alternative Program Information

If you are pursuing the Associate Completion in the Evenings (ACE) program or the Bachelor's​ of Science (BS) in Health Information Management, information related to financial aid and these programs is listed below: