Shasta College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges, 428 J Street, Suite 400 Sacramento, CA 95814, (415) 506-0234, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education.
Additional information about accreditation, including the filing of complaints against member institutions, can be found at: www.accjc.org
Comprehensive Peer-Review External Evaluation
The College is conducting a self-evaluation of alignment with the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior College (ACCJC) Standards for Accreditation in preparation for an external review.
- Preparation of Institutional Self–Evaluation – Spring 2022 thru Fall 2023
- Institutional Self-Evaluation – Due December, 15 2023
- External Evaluation – Spring 2024/Fall 2024 (site visit in Fall 2024)
If students or members of the public have a comment that is associated with the institution’s compliance with academic program quality and accrediting standards, please review comment process on the ACCJC website.
Shasta College is listed as a public community college in the approved list of the Education Directory, Higher Education Part 3, published by the U.S. Office of Education.
In addition, Shasta College has received specialized accreditation from the following accreditors:
- State of California Department of Consumer Affairs, Board of Registered Nursing - California (BRN) for the Associate Degree Nursing (RN). Contact information.
- State of California Department of Consumer Affairs, Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians (BVNPT) for Vocational Nursing (LVN). Certificate of Approval (PDF). Contact information.
- State of California Health and Human Services Agency, California Department of Public Health (CDPH) for CNA/Home Health Aide. Contact information (CNA). Contact Information (Health Aide).
- American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation, for its Dental Hygiene program. Contact information.
- National Association for the Education of Young Children Accreditation, for the Early Childhood Education Center. Contact information.
- Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management (CAHIIM) for the Health Information Management Baccalaureate and Health Information Technology Associate Degree programs. Contact Information.
- The accrediting body for HIT and HIM, is CAHIIM or the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education. Contact Information.
- The accrediting body for PTA is CAPTE or Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education. Contact Information.
The Accreditation process includes the opportunity for submission of third-party comments directly to ACCJC. If you would like to submit comments to the ACCJC, please download and complete the ACCJC Third Party Comment Form and return to the address provided on the form.
Shasta College Mission
Shasta College provides a diverse student population open access to undergraduate educational programs and learning opportunities, thereby contributing to the social, cultural, intellectual, and economic development of our communities. The District offers general education, transfer and career-technical programs, and basic skills education. Shasta College provides opportunities for students to develop critical thinking, effective communication, quantitative reasoning, information competency, community and global awareness, self-efficacy, and workplace skills. Comprehensive student services programs and community partnerships support student learning and personal development.