Apply for Financial Aid
Applying for financial aid can qualify eligible students for financial assistance. The federal school code for Shasta College is: 001289.
Steps to Financial Aid
- Apply for Admission to Shasta College
- Complete the FAFSA or California Dream Act Application
- Complete the California College Promise Grant Application
- Turn in Required Documents
- Review Eligibility Status
- Select Refund Preference
Please keep reading for specific instructions on each step.
Apply for Admission to Shasta College
Complete the FAFSA or CDAA Application
Submit the California College Promise Grant Application
- Submit the California College Promise Grant application online. This can be completed by using the FAFSA process or through the state application. Learn more
- If you don't qualify for the California College Promise Grant, and you are a first-time, full-time student at Shasta College, you can apply for the Shasta College Promise Program.
Turn in Required Documents
- After we've received your FAFSA, an email will be sent to you showing any required documents. The required documents will be used to determine your grant fund and aid eligibility.
- List of required documents can be viewed in MyShasta under "My Financial Aid"
- The status of your financial aid can be found in your "My Financial Aid" and/or email notification
Review Eligibility Status
- You'll be notified of your current Financial Aid eligibility after your application and required documents processing is complete
- Your award letter can be viewed in "My Financial Aid" and it'll indicate what type of grant funding you're eligible to receive
- Check the disbursement schedule to see when you'll get your Financial Aid grants and loans
Not eligible? Information on why will be posted to "My Financial Aid"
Select Refund Preference
- You'll receive a refund selection kit in the mail and a personal code by email from BankMobile.
- Choose how you'd like to your financial aid disbursed to you -- either directly to an existing bank or through a BankMobile VIBE account
- For more information, please visit our disbursement schedule website
Student Responsibilities / Important Information
- All students who receive financial aid (excluding the California College Promise Grant) must have their high school diploma or equivalent
- Students are expected to stay informed of notifications sent out via email or posted on our websites
- Students are responsible for maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) to remain eligible for financial aid
- It is the student's responsibility to read and understand the Return to Title IV Consumer information website
- If at any time it is determined that the student is ineligible for Financial Aid, any awards will be cancelled. If a disbursement has already been processed, it is the student's responsibility to repay any funds received.
- It is also the student's responsibility to notify the college if the student is attending another college and financial aid awarded at Shasta College needs to be cancelled.
- It is the student's responsibility to fill out all forms and applications accurately. If at any point there is conflicting information, it is the school's authority to request additional documents to verify the information in question. If at any point a student's eligibility changes due to inaccurate information submitted, the student will be responsible to repay any funds received based on the eligibility change