Apply for Financial Aid
Applying for financial aid can qualify eligible students for financial assistance. The federal school code for Shasta College is: 001289.
Deadline to submit a 2020-21 FAFSA
In order for us to be able to process any financial aid eligibility for 2020-21 for you, we must receive your processed FAFSA data from the federal Central Processor no later than your last day of enrollment in 2020-21, according to federal regulations.
For Shasta College Financial Aid purposes, Spring 2021 is the last term of 2020-21 (Summer 2021 is the first term of the 2021-22 financial aid year). If you are currently taking full-term length Spring 2021 classes, the last day of 2020-21 enrollment is May 21, 2021. However, it takes a while for the Central Processor to make your processed FAFSA data available to us.
We recommend submitting your 2020-21 FAFSA no later than May 14, 2021.
Can I still submit the 2021-22 FAFSA or CADAA?
YES! Please submit your 2021-22 financial aid application as soon as possible so we can help get you aid for Summer 2021, Fall 2021 and/or Spring 2022.
Steps to Financial Aid
- Submit the California College Promise Grant application online. This can be completed by using the FAFSA process or through the state application. Learn more
- If you don't qualify for the California College Promise Grant, and you are a first-time, full-time student at Shasta College, you can apply for the Shasta College Promise Program.
- After we've received your FAFSA, an email will be sent to you showing any required documents. The required documents will be used to determine your grant fund and aid eligibility.
- List of required documents can be viewed in MyShasta under "My Financial Aid"
- The status of your financial aid can be found in your "My Financial Aid" and/or email notification
- You'll be notified of your current Financial Aid eligibility after your application and required documents processing is complete
- Your award letter can be viewed in "My Financial Aid" and it'll indicate what type of grant funding you're eligible to receive
- Check the disbursement schedule to see when you'll get your Financial Aid grants and loans
Not eligible? Information on why will be posted to "My Financial Aid"
- You'll receive instructions from BankMobile on how to select a refund preference. For more information about BankMobile, visit this link: https://bankmobiledisbursements.com/refundchoices/
- For more information, please visit our disbursement schedule website
Student Responsibilities / Important Information
- All students who receive financial aid (excluding the California College Promise Grant) must have their high school diploma or equivalent.
- Students are expected to stay informed of notifications sent out via email or posted on our websites.
- Students are responsible for maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) to remain eligible for financial aid.
- It is the student's responsibility to read and understand the Return to Title IV Consumer information website.
- If at any time it is determined that the student is ineligible for Financial Aid, any awards will be cancelled. If a disbursement has already been processed, it is the student's responsibility to repay any funds received.
- It is also the student's responsibility to notify the college if the student is attending another college and financial aid awarded at Shasta College needs to be cancelled.
- It is the student's responsibility to fill out all forms and applications accurately. If at any point there is conflicting information, it is the school's authority to request additional documents to verify the information in question. If at any point a student's eligibility changes due to inaccurate information submitted, the student will be responsible to repay any funds received based on the eligibility change.