Apply for Financial Aid
Applying for financial aid can qualify eligible students for financial assistance. The federal school code for Shasta College is: 001289.
Submit a FAFSA or CADAA
Please submit your financial aid application as soon as possible so we can help get you aid for the current year. Please be aware that it can take up to a week for our office to receive your submitted financial aid application data, and then at least another week for our office to evaluate your information to determine if you are eligible for aid.
During peak times (January, May/June, August), it can take up to three weeks from the time you submit your application to the time we can evaluate your financial aid eligibility and notify you if we require more information or can package your financial aid award.
For more detailed guidance, please refer to this PowerPoint presentation in English or in Spanish:
- Financial Aid Basics for 2023-2024 (PPTX)
- Información Básica de Ayuda Financiera para 2022-2023 (PPTX)
If you have additional questions, please reach out to us for an individual appointment to get help on your financial aid application.
Deadline for a 2023-24 FAFSA or CADAA
In order for us to be able to process your financial aid eligibility for 2023-24 for you, we must receive your processed FAFSA or CADAA data from the federal or state processor no later than your last day of enrollment in 2023-24, according to federal regulations.
|If your last term is:||Submit your FAFSA or CADAA by:|
|Summer 2023||July 21, 2023|
|Fall 2023||December 8, 2023|
|Spring 2024||May 10, 2024|
Steps to Financial Aid
- Submit the California College Promise Grant application online. This can be completed by using the FAFSA process or through the state application. Learn more
- If you don't qualify for the California College Promise Grant, and you are a first-time, full-time student at Shasta College, you can apply for the Shasta College Promise Program.
- After we've received your FAFSA, an email will be sent to you showing any required documents. The required documents will be used to determine your grant fund and aid eligibility.
- List of required documents can be viewed in MyShasta under "My Financial Aid"
- The status of your financial aid can be found in your "My Financial Aid" and/or email notification
- You'll be notified of your current Financial Aid eligibility after your application and required documents processing is complete
- Your award letter can be viewed in "My Financial Aid" and it'll indicate what type of grant funding you're eligible to receive
- Check the disbursement schedule to see when you'll get your Financial Aid grants and loans
Not eligible? Information on why will be posted to "My Financial Aid"
- You'll receive instructions from BankMobile on how to select a refund preference. For more information about BankMobile, visit this link: https://bankmobiledisbursements.com/refundchoices/
- For more information, please visit our disbursement schedule website
Student Responsibilities / Important Information
- All students who receive financial aid (excluding the California College Promise Grant) must have their high school diploma or equivalent.
- Students are expected to stay informed of notifications sent out via email or posted on our websites.
- Students are responsible for maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) to remain eligible for financial aid.
- It is the student's responsibility to read and understand the Return to Title IV Consumer information website.
- If at any time it is determined that the student is ineligible for Financial Aid, any awards will be cancelled. If a disbursement has already been processed, it is the student's responsibility to repay any funds received.
- It is also the student's responsibility to notify the college if the student is attending another college and financial aid awarded at Shasta College needs to be cancelled.
- It is the student's responsibility to fill out all forms and applications accurately. If at any point there is conflicting information, it is the school's authority to request additional documents to verify the information in question. If at any point a student's eligibility changes due to inaccurate information submitted, the student will be responsible to repay any funds received based on the eligibility change.