For students who need to either request transcripts from Shasta College, send transcripts to Shasta College, or request for a transcript evaluation.
Students are advised to confirm on their MyShasta portal if their course grades have been posted before ordering official transcripts.
Due to the high volume of official transcript orders at the beginning/end of the semester, please allow up to 20 business days for regular service and 15 business days for rush service.
Official Shasta College transcripts are available to order. Students selecting to attach AP scores, the General Ed Patterns of the GEC, and/or the IGETC for official transcript requests, will automatically place the order on hold for an evaluator to manually process. You can also print unofficial transcripts using MyShasta.
Shasta College has partnered with Parchment to accept transcript orders over the internet through a secure website. Parchment will facilitate your request 24 hours per day, 365 days per year. If you are not comfortable placing an order over the internet, you can call Parchment at (847) 716-3005 to place your transcript request. There is an additional operator surcharge for placing orders over the telephone.
For additional guidance, please review the quick tips on how to place an order.
(The following links open in a separate window.)
|Cost / Pricing|
|Regular Service||$6.00 each; 4-5 business days to process*
*Please Note: $6.00 processing fee for the first two transcript(s)/verification(s) ever issued in a lifetime are waived.
|Rush Service||$15.00 each; 2-3 business days to process|
|FedEx Service||Domestic orders (contiguous 48 states) - $30.00; only available when ordered online through Parchment. IGETC and GE Certification processing requires 7 to 10 business days for processing. Please allow up to 20 business days for processing during the beginning/end of each semester.|
- Multiple requests are sealed in individual envelopes. Shasta College will not fax or email official transcripts directly to the student. All official transcript requests are processed through Parchment.
- Students selecting to attach AP scores, the General Ed Patterns of the GEC, and/or the IGETC for official transcript requests, will automatically place the order on hold for an evaluator to find AP scores on file and to evaluate your transcript for the GEC and/or the IGETC.
- Please Note: The GEC pattern is for students planning to transfer to a California State University (CSU). The IGETC pattern is for students planning to transfer to a University of California (UC).
- For questions or issues regarding outgoing transcript requests, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can print a free copy of your unofficial transcript through your MyShasta account following the steps below:
- Log in to your MyShasta account
- Click on Unofficial Transcripts
- You can then print a copy or save a copy as a PDF of your unofficial transcript
For MyShasta login help, please view the how-to guide: Obtaining Transcripts from MyShasta (PDF).
If you have taken courses prior to 2003 that do not appear on your transcript, please e-mail your request to email@example.com with the following information:
- Full name including any prior last names
- Student ID number or Date of Birth if you don’t remember your ID number
- Copy of your Government issued photo ID
- Statement that you attended prior to 2003
High School transcripts are used by our campus for the following purposes:
- Determining placement in English and math classes
- For students following graduation requirements in catalogs 2019-20 and earlier, determining if you have a high school class that can fulfill the Computer Literacy requirement
- Confirming high school graduation status for course registration and financial aid purposes
If you haven’t already, you can request your high school to send your official high school transcripts to Shasta College by email at admissions@ShastaCollege.edu or by mail at:
Shasta College Admissions/Records
PO BOX 496006
Redding, CA 96049-6006
You may also request to physically pick up your transcripts so that you may submit them in person to the Admissions Building to Room 139 or submit a copy via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have attended another college/other colleges, we encourage you to request an evaluation of those transcripts for potential Shasta College course equivalencies. The sooner you have that coursework evaluated, the sooner you will know exactly what you need to take here at Shasta College!
For more information on that process, please visit the Credit for Prior Learning – Transfer Credit from Other Colleges/Universities page.
International transcripts must be translated and evaluated by an outside agency prior to sending them to Shasta College Admissions and Records. Shasta College can only award credit for international coursework for specific program requirements for Shasta College (“non-transferable”) associate degrees or certificates. Any coursework determined to be an equivalent will be used for graduation requirements, but will not be posted to Shasta College transcripts.
- Outside agencies can be found at the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).
- Once the agency has translated and evaluated your international transcripts, please have them send official copies of the evaluation to:
Admissions and Records
PO BOX 496006
Redding, CA 96049-6006
Electronic Transcript Certificate of Authenticity
Shasta College, located in Redding, CA has appointed Parchment as the designated agent for processing and sending official electronic transcripts on behalf of Shasta College. The PDF transcript that is produced using this service contains the identical information as the printed transcript and can be certified as unaltered by uploading the file to the company’s website that is provided during the delivery process. Parchment has been granted the authority to deliver all such electronic transcript requests on behalf of Shasta College and respond to any inquiries regarding the transactions.