Adult Education / Better.Jobs
A Helping Hand to Your Career
The Adult Education Block Grant (AEBG) is a statewide initiative between the CCCCO (California Community College Chancellor’s Office) and CDE (California Department of Education) with the purpose of implementing regional plans for adult education in California under AB104. Shasta College was approved to be the fiscal agent between all participating members within the three county region. All members consist of various K-12 Districts, County Offices of Education and Shasta College. AEBG funds are used to assist non-credit students in various pathways leading to educational goals and sustainable employment opportunities.
Within Shasta-Tehama-Trinity Counties various community and educational partners, by the name of Better.Jobs work collaboratively to create, expand and streamline educational services for adults (18+) looking for help in one or more of the seven categories:
- Basic skills, GED, High School diploma/equivalency
- Citizenship, ESL
- Entry/Re-entry into the workforce (Including explicit ability for older adults to access these programs)
- Adult programs “primarily designed to develop knowledge and skills to assist elementary and secondary school children to succeed academically in school” (includes child development for elementary and secondary school children)
- Adults with disabilities programs
- Short term CTE (career technical education) programs
- Pre-apprenticeship programs/activities
For more information about Better.Jobs, please visit better.jobs.
Learn more about Better.Jobs' programs and services:
- ESL Information (PDF)
- ESL Information (Spanish) (PDF)