University Studies: Engineering AA Degree
The emphasis in Engineering is designed to provide the lower division major courses to transfer to a university and earn a Bachelor’s degree in the various fields of engineering. This includes Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering. See a counselor for the complete list of courses required for your engineering field and university – the requirements typically total many more than 26 units and the general education areas are usually modified (see option #3).
Program Learning Outcomes
For University Studies Degree Learning Outcomes, see page 22.
Complete the following 21 units
- MATH 3A Calculus (4)
- MATH 3B Calculus (5)
- MATH 4A Calculus (4)
- PHYS 4A Physics (Mechanics) (4)
- PHYS 4B Physics (Electricity and Magnetism) (4)
Choose 6-9 additional units
- CHEM 1A General Chemistry (5)
- CIS 61 C++ Language Programming (3)
- ENGR 17 Circuits and Devices (4)
- ENGR 35 Statics (3)
- ENGR 45 Properties of Materials (4)
- MATH 4B Differential Equations (4)
- PHYS 4C Physics (Heat, Waves, Optics and Modern Physics (4)
General Education units are modified for this major
For reference only as of 2019/2020
We are dedicated to helping you reach your educational and career goals. To begin your journey, apply for admissions today!