Report an Incident In Person
Shasta College encourages all students and employees to promptly report incidents, crimes, or concerning behaviors in order for the campus to help prevent future incidents or crimes.
Shasta College encourages all students and employees to promptly report incidents, crimes, or concerning behaviors in order for the campus to help prevent future incidents or crimes. Additionally, by promptly reporting, Shasta College can better assist individuals and connect them to resources.
Individuals may report crimes, standards of conduct violations (students or non-students), general incidents, and concerning behaviors that occur on or off the campuses through any of the following means:
- Call Campus Safety at (530) 242-7910 or go to the Campus Safety Department in Building 6500. Campus Safety can assist your reporting to the law enforcement agency having jurisdiction.
- Use an emergency blue telephone located throughout the main campus.
- Dial 911 for emergency services.
- Contact an officer in uniform on patrol.
- Report an offense to any Campus Security Authority:
- Campus Security Authorities include, but are not limited to faculty/employees, advisors for student clubs or organizations, athletic coaches, health center nurse, or anyone with significant responsibility over students or campus activity outside the classroom.
- Ask any Shasta College supervisor or manager to assist you with reporting a crime, standards of conduct violation and behavior concern to Campus Safety.
- Students may also contact the Assistant Superintendent/Vice President of Student Services (530) 242-7621, Room 2313, the Director of Residence Life (530) 242-7739, Room 3002 or the Student Health and Wellness Center (530) 242-7581, Room 2020.
- Employees may contact Campus Safety (530) 242-7910 or Human Resources (530) 242-7640.
In addition to the options above, if someone has been impacted by sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, or stalking, they can report to:
- Marrianne Williams, Title IX Coordinator - Available on weekdays during regular office hours to coordinate a fair and equitable response to reports of sexual misconduct. Contact email@example.com or (530) 242‐7649, Room 121.
- Lonnie Seay, Director of Campus Safety - During non-business hours at firstname.lastname@example.org or (530) 242-7910 or (530) 242-7912, Building 6500.
To report a Title V, Unlawful Discrimination, report, Marrianne Williams is available on weekdays during regular office hours, email@example.com; (530) 242‐7649, Room 121 and or Amy Westlund, Director of Human Resources at (530) 242-7648 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Student Standards of Conduct incidents including Board Policy 5500 violations such as academic dishonesty, individuals can also contact the Assistant Superintendent/Vice President of Student Services, Kevin O’Rorke, at (530) 242-7629.