Becoming an RA
Resident Advisor Job Posting
- Assist in providing general supervision of the dormitory residents including their adherence to college policies and regulations.
- Assist in providing a safe, healthy, and orderly environment for residents.
- Perform security walk throughs, enforce residential living guidelines, and write incident reports if need be for infractions.
- Operate entertainment equipment (TV, DVD, etc.), issue recreation and kitchen equipment and perform light cleaning.
- Exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgment in dealing with staff and students. Act in a responsible manner and maintain confidentiality. Maintain good relationships with those contacted during the course of duties.
- $13.00 per hour – max 20 hours per week – average is 12 hours.
Flexible hours based on school class schedule, but may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Applications for the RA position are by invitation. Students who hold a reservation for Fall or Spring of each semester will receive an email from the Director of Residence Life with the application in order to apply for the position.
- New Hire and returning RA's must be available to attend one day of paid training prior to beginning work. RA's will be allowed to move into the Dorms early in order to prepare for the arrival of Residents.