Student & Intercollegiate Athlete Accident Insurance Plan
Student accident insurance is provided by Shasta-Tehama-Trinity Joint Community College District to registered students in the event of an accident or injury during college sponsored and supervised activities. It may help to cover medical bills incurred by injured students and athletes. There are benefit limitations and some exclusions in the policy, so it is important to work with the Student Health & Wellness Office staff to insure optimum coverage.
Students enrolled at Shasta-Tehama-Trinity Joint Community College, and children using the officially designated childcare facility on campus, are covered by the student accident insurance plan.
- Student Incident Reporting reminders, 10.10.2017 (PDF)
- Student Incident Report (injury or emergency illness) (PDF)
If you are injured:
- Immediately report the accident to the College Authority (i.e. instructor, coach, trainer, or Campus Safety).
- College Authority is required to complete and file a Student Incident Report Form on your behalf within 72 hours of the accident / injury.
- College Authority - Once you have completed the Student Accident / Incident Report Form, please forward immediately to the Student Health & Wellness Office.
- An injury resulting from an illness is not covered by the college accident insurance, but still needs to be reported to the Student Health & Wellness Office.
- Accident reports are required to substantiate an insurance claim. Student accident reports and claims are processed through the Student Health & Wellness Office.
- The District’s student accident insurance policy is considered secondary coverage, except for certain governmental programs. Benefits under your primary plan must be exhausted before this program applies. The accident insurance policy coverage is limited, and does not guarantee payment in full.
- Once a report form is received that may require an insurance claim, the Student Health & Wellness Office will contact the student, explaining the claim process.
- There are time constraints for claim filing and proof of loss submittal, so please do not delay! For questions or additional information, contact the Student Health & Wellness Office at email@example.com