For the Shasta College Health & Wellness Newsletter via CampusWell, please visit: https://shastacollege.campuswell.com/.
We encourage all members of the Shasta College community to take the necessary safety precautions to protect their health.
UCLA Stand for All Program
Learn self-care & build mental wellness
The Student Health & Wellness Office is collaborating with UCLA to offer a FREE online course to learn self-care skills for mental wellness such as:
- Balanced Thinking
- Breathing and Relaxation
- Healthy Sleep Habits
Learn at your own pace and request FREE one-on-one support from UCLA coaches to review and practice lessons.
Enroll today at: rebrand.ly/STAND-Shasta
The UCLA STAND for All program is not a health service and does not provide clinical care. Lessons and coaching services are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, treatment, psychotherapy, counseling, or other mental health services.
If you are experiencing extreme emotions you are unable to control or having thoughts of hurting yourself or someone else, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at (800) 273-8255.
Shasta College Student Health & Wellness
UCLA STAND for All
6 Dimensions of Wellness
Learn more about the 6 Dimensions of Wellness - Academic, Emotional, Financial, Physical, Social, and Spiritual - from this Canvas page: 6 Dimensions of Wellness
Dealing with loss, disasters, and traumatic events
Students enrolled in the current semester may contact our office to speak with a licensed psychological counselor at no cost. In a life-threatening emergency: call 911.
- Recovering emotionally from disaster (www.apa.org)
- Recovering from wildfires (www.apa.org)
- Recovering emotionally after a residential fire (www.apa.org)
- Wildfires: Learn about who is most at risk for emotional distress and where to find disaster-related resources. (www.samhsa.gov)
Disaster Distress Helpline
Communicate with a Live Person 24/7, English and Spanish
- Phone: 1-800-985-5990
- Text: TalkWithUs to 66746
Eat, Sleep, Breathe through the semester and finals week.
SanaMente: el Movimiento de Salud Mental de California
- Red Nacional De Prevencion Del Suicidio: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/help-yourself/en-espanol/
- SanaMente es el Movimiento de Salud Mental de California: https://www.sanamente.org/
La depresión y el abuso de alcohol y/o sustancias son dos retos de salud mental comunes en la comunidad latina. Aprende los hechos y recursos disponibles para tratar estos retos a través de esta hoja informativa que se puede descargar y distribuir en tu próximo evento de la comunidad.
- Guía de apoyo para la salud mental (PDF)
- SanaMente Abuso de alcohol y o drogas (PDF)
- SanaMente Facts Mito vs Realidad (PDF)
Great American Smokeout Resources
- The Great American Smokeout® (American Cancer Society)
- Apps and Resources to Quit Vaping and Tobacco: California Youth Advocacy Network (CYAN)
- California Youth Advocacy Network - Digital Quit Kit (PDF)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Quit Guide (cdc.gov)
Get Free and Anonymous Support at www.cyanonline.org/quit-tobacco #QuitVaping