Educational Talent Search
A federally funded program through Shasta College, TRIO Educational Talent Search helps prepare low-income and first generation (i.e., neither parent has graduated from a 4-year college) middle and high schools in Shasta County to complete high school and enroll in and complete a program of post-secondary education.
For more information:
- TRIO Talent Search Flyer (PDF)
- TRIO Talent Search Brochure (PDF)
The Shasta College TRIO Educational Talent Search program assists students who have the desire and potential to succeed in higher education. The program provides academic, career, financial aid and financial literacy counseling to its participants while encouraging them to graduate from high school and continue their education at a post-secondary institution of their choice.
TRIO Advisors encourage and prepare students for post-secondary enrollment by providing the following types of services and activities through group workshops and individual appointments, as well as through participation in tours and events at college campuses and other career/educational sites.
What can Educational Talent Search do for you?
- Advising: Career Exploration, Academic: Secondary and Post-secondary Advising, College Awareness Activities, Financial Aid & Financial Literacy, Parent Information and Workshops
- Academic Preparation: Study Skills Development, SAT/ACT Preparation and Fee Waivers, Course & Grade Monitoring
- Post-secondary Placement: College Admissions Advising, Financial Aid and Scholarship Assistance, Campus Visits, College Application Assistance
- Career Exploration: Career Inventories, Work Experience Advocacy, Career Fair