Shasta College Food Pantry
A Shasta College student can visit the Food Pantry once every seven days and may receive a meal voucher once every 30 days (as supplies last).
Students can access the Shasta College Food Pantry once every seven (7) days with their Student ID card. Student ID can be purchased for $10 at the Admission & Records Office by calling (530) 242-7650, or by visiting the link below. Please see Student ID Card & Representation Fee for more information. The food pantry is operated by The Hub in collaboration with Student Senate and thanks to generous donations from community organizations and members.
If you are in need of food and unable to afford the $10.00 ID fee, please contact TheHub@shastacollege.edu with your name, contact information, and a brief description of your financial situation and a staff member will contact you.
How to Utilize the Food Pantry
The Shasta College Food Pantry will be available beginning one (1) week before the start of the semester and closes one (1) week after the semester ends. Appointments are encouraged to ensure staff is able to assist.
If you are in emergent need of food —
1. Please fill out this form in its entirety:
- Food Pantry Form (Fall 2022) (Microsoft Forms)
2. Once you have completed the form, please schedule an appointment with The Hub in collaboration with Student Senate for access to the Food Pantry:
- Schedule Appointment (Microsoft Bookings)
*Please Note: Appointments for Food Pantry access are highly encouraged.
During your appointment time, please visit The Hub in room 2308 (same building as the bookstore).
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact TheHub@shastacollege.edu.
Student ID Card Benefits
Paying the optional Student Events & Activities ID Card Fee includes these benefits:
- Weekly emergency food pantry access.
- Lending Library rental (2 free books per semester).
- Free access to campus athletic events.
- Discounts at participating local businesses.
- And more!
Emergency Food Assistance
- For information about CalFRESH and how to apply, please review the attached CalFresh flyer (PDF).
- For a list of food pantries in the community, please review the Community Resources guides (PDF).