Things we suggest you bring!
Items You Need to Bring
- Pillow(s) and pillow cases
- Bed Size: Mattresses are 38” wide x 80” long. Twin extra long sheets should be fine.
- Personal health and hygiene items.
- Towels, wash cloth, soap, shampoo, etc…
- Dishes, cookware, food storage containers, plates, bowls and utensils. We do have some of these items for public use.
- Food – the nearest shopping is approximately five miles away.
- Laundry detergent and fabric softener.
- Adhesive/removable hooks for hanging items on the walls – we do not allow nails, pins or staples.
- Alarm clock.
- Power strips with surge protectors.
- A small personal refrigerator is highly recommended.
- Personal computer (lap top is best). Phone line and DSL arrangements are available at resident expense through SBC/AT&T @ 1-800-310-2355. You must know your room number first and these are not assigned until about one week prior to the move in date. However, you may not need DSL since Residence Halls buildings are Wi-Fi accessible supporting A, B & G wireless systems. For older computers, you may need to check with your place of purchase or another tech support store to see if you need to add an internal card (D link or linksys) or possibly an external adapter.
- The rooms have a built in closet for each person with four drawers and hanging space. Each person also has a three drawer chest, so there is plenty of drawer space.
- Each person has a lofted bed with a full desk top underneath and two three drawer pedestals that accompany the desk top.
- Renter's Insurance: We suggest you consider renter’s insurance to cover your belongings. Some home owner’s insurance will provide coverage for students away at college and others require a separate policy or addendum.