You should make a reservation as soon as you decide that Shasta College and the Residence Halls are the right place for you. To make a reservation, simply fill and print out the reservation form and mail it to the address provided on the form, along with a $200 deposit (check or money order). Once the reservation form and deposit are received you will be placed on a waiting list (male or female). Prospective residents are placed on the waiting lists based on the date and time that the reservation forms and deposits are received.

Currently the Residence Halls offers on a first come - first service basis. All students and potential students are encouraged to complete a Reservation form early to reserve a spot on the list for the coming year. Students can call the Director of Residence Life at (530) 242-7739 to check their status on the waitlist at any point in time. Students who are being offered a spot in the Residence Halls will be contacted in the Spring (March - May) to confirm their position and begin necessary completion of move in paperwork.

Yes, if you don’t get in due to unavailability then your deposit is refundable. There is a $200 termination fee once you move into the facility should you choose to move out without 30 day notice. Once you move into the facility, the deposit serves as a security deposit and will cover the loss keys you are issued, any damages to the facilities, and other similar charges may be made against your deposit any possible damages to the facility, loss of any keys you are issues, and other similar charges.

All rooms are the same size; they measure approximately 16’ x 12’. Each person has a lofted bed with a full desk top underneath, along with two three drawer pedestals and a two position chair. Each person also has a three drawer chest and a built-in wardrobe/closet with hanging space and four drawers. For a better idea of what the room looks like, take the "virtual tour" on the web site.

If you know someone of the same gender that will be living in Residence Halls, you can both list each other on the roommate questionnaire that is issued to you with your move in paperwork packet. If you don’t know anyone, we will use your profile from your roommate questionnaire that you will receive in your registration packet to assign roommates.

Laundry rooms are provided for the convenience of the residents. You will need to supply your own laundry soap, bleach and fabric softener. Laundry cost is .75¢ to wash and .50¢ to dry. The college is not responsible for any damage to or loss of items.

The Residential Housing Contract offers two payment options for your Dorm fees. Payment in full, which can include payment in full for a semester, or for the entire 10 month contract period. The other payment option is the Nelnet Payment plan. If you are hoping to pay your Dorm fees with Financial Aid, this is the option you will select as the Nelnet payment plans take into account any pending financial aid you may have. For more information about Nelnet, please visit Payment Plan. Please note that use of the Nelnet plan option will mean your Financial Aid disubursements will be directed toward your Dorm and tuition fees until they are paid off. This may mean you will not recieve a cash disbursement for your other expenses until all of your outstanding fees to the institution are paid.

Yes we are. Our Wi-Fi supports A, B and G systems. We have three computers in the commons that are for residents use if they do not have their own desktop or PC.

No. However, Food Services does have a meal plan program. You can go to their website to find out more information. To answer any of your questions regarding the meal program or help with any special needs, please call 242-7770. The Residence Halls does have a kitchen in the commons that all residents are allowed to use. Each resident is encouraged to have a small refrigerator in their room along with storage containers and eating utensils etc. Residents are not allowed to have microwaves or hot plates in their rooms. There are microwaves in the Commons kitchen, as we all as in the Study Lounges of both the Male & Female Dorms.

Yes. Each resident that has a vehicle will be issued a parking permit, at no charge, through the Director of Residence Life when they check in for the semester. The parking permit is only valid for the dormitory parking lots. If the permit is lost or stolen a $25 replacement fee will be charged. If you want to park elsewhere on campus you need to purchase a parking permit at the Business Office in building 100, Room 105 or at Admissions and Records in the 100 building. Valid parking permits are required on all vehicles parked on campus. The cost per semester is $25.00. Daily parking permit dispensers are also available in each of the parking lots at a cost of $1.00 per day. Students may not park in any Staff parking lots prior to 5:00 p.m. or designated disabled parking spaces at any time. The East Staff Parking lot, the parking lot behind the Cafeteria and the parking lot next to the Arts Building (Building 300) will require a Staff Parking Permit day and evening hours.

The Shasta College Student Senate (SCSS) offers a Student ID Card. This card is plastic and displays a photo of the student, as well as personal information. It may be used as a secondary form of identification, and to ride the Redding Area Bus Authority (RABA) for free, as well as to receive discounts on campus, in the community, and on the web. The ID card will also grant students access to Student Senate's lending library, and their Food Pantry. The cost of the card is $10.00 and is valid for one semester. The ID card is available in the SCSS office in the 2300 building after purchase at Admissions & Records, or Business Offices in the 100 building.

The District is committed to providing an atmosphere conducive to sleep and study, as well as academic and social achievement. The right to sleep and study supersedes the privilege to entertain oneself or others AT ALL TIMES.

Curfew – Curfew hours have been established as 10:00 pm to 10:00 am Sunday through Thursday nights and from Midnight Friday and Saturday nights to 10:00 am. Curfew refers to when visitors must leave the dormitory buildings. All visitors, regardless of gender, remaining after10:00 p.m. (12:00 a.m. on weekends) are required to visit in the Commons Building (until quiet hours begin). Although there is a curfew for visitors, residents are free to come and go at anytime. 

NOTE: All visitors must be signed in through the Resident Advisor’s Office; located in the Commons Building.

Noise – There are several rules regarding noise. 1) When curfew is in effect, noise that emanates from any room into the hallway or common area or vice-versa is prohibited. Noise in areas adjacent to facilities is expected to be kept at a minimum level as well. 2) During times when curfew is not in effect, “courtesy hours” are considered to be in effect. Courtesy hours mean that any resident has the right to request that your noise level be lowered. Residents are expected to comply with such requests. 3) On the last day of regular classes through finals week, up to the closing of the dormitories, noise will be restricted 24 hours a day to allow all students the optimum advantage for study and sleep.

Quiet Hours – Quiet hours refers to the common area located between the two dormitories and the area outside of the dormitories. Weeknight quiet hours will begin @ midnight each evening and end @ 5:00 a.m. the following morning. On Friday night, Saturday night and the night before a holiday, the quiet hours will begin @ 2:00 a.m. and end @ 5:00 a.m. This means that the TV room and recreation room in the Commons, and the area outside of the dormitories, are restricted during quiet hours. However, movies are available for check out. The Head Resident on staff during quiet hours will control access to, and activity in, the kitchen.

Shasta College is an alcohol free institution with a zero tolerance policy. This means that it is illegal to possess, consume, or be under the influence of alcohol at any time while on college grounds, this includes Residential Housing. The campus drug and alcohol policy has been mandated by campus officials as well as state and federal laws. Although we understand that this will be your home, the Housing Department is not at liberty to change or make exception to any part of the Campus Drug and Alcohol Policy. This policy applies to persons over the age of 21 as well as those who are under the legal drinking age.

No one may be intoxicated or under the influence of alcohol on campus. Empty alcohol containers, beer caps, and alcohol boxes are also prohibited in students’ rooms or in any person’s possession while on campus. These items will be confiscated and the student will be held responsible for a drug and alcohol violation. The use, possession, cultivation, production, sale, gift, or exchange of illegal drugs is prohibited on campus at all times. MEDICAL MARIJUANA- Under Federal law, the use and/or possession of marijuana on campus is unlawful, even if you are authorized under California's Proposition 215 (prescription). 


Possession of drug paraphernalia, i.e. smoking devices, is prohibited on campus at all times. If any items are found they will be confiscated and the student will be subject to discipline. It is against college policy to be under the influence of any illegal substance. The college will not tolerate violations of the drug and alcohol policy in the Residential Housing environment. We will actively pursue such violations and take judicial or disciplinary action, up to and including removal from Residential Housing. Residents are not allowed to smoke inside their rooms.

Go to the Health & Wellness Services Center located in the Student Center Building (Room 2020), or see your counselor. Student health care services are available Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.