Scope and Function
The College Council is the central participatory planning committee for Shasta College and is a key component of Shasta’s integrated planning and institutional review processes. The College Council is responsible for establishing the institution’s direction by developing the institutional mission statement and long-term goals, in concert with the Governing Board and Accreditation Standards.
The College Council will act as the primary participatory college committee and specifically to:
- Advocate for effective College planning processes being in place and used.
- Oversee the development of the College’s Strategic Plan and Educational Master Plan.
- Develop College-wide priorities and make recommendations to the Superintendent/President regarding budgeting, staffing, equipment and facilities based on an analysis of information received from college committees and bodies.
- Review the College Mission Statement at least once every three years and ensure alignment of the College mission and goals with the State Community College mission and goals.
- Review and make recommendations on the District’s Board Policies and Administrative Procedures to ensure development based upon a culture of evidence and consultation with constituencies.
- Establish ad-hoc committees, sub-committees, and task forces where and when appropriate. The following are examples of standing subcommittees of College Council:
- Review reports from the Program Review Committee.
- Communicate ideas and recommendations to the College community.
- Dr. Frank Nigro, Assistant Superintendent/Vice President of Instruction (Co-Chair)
- Dr. Kevin O'Rorke, Assistant Superintendent/Vice President of Student Services
- Interim Assistant Superintendent/Vice President of Administrative Services
- Cathy Anderson, Mathematics
- Jay Davis, Welding (Co-Chair)
- Sonia Randhawa, Counseling
- Chelsea Kefalas, Student Services Coordinator (Umoja)
- Susan Saephanh, Web Content Coordinator
- James Konopitski, Student Services Coordinator (Veterans Support)
- Stacey Bartlett, Dean of Arts, Communications, and Social Sciences
- Will Breitbach, Dean of Library Services & Educational Technology
- Dr. Marrianne Williamson, Interim Associate Vice President of Human Resources
- Dr. Joe Wyse, Superintendent/President
College-Wide Planning Documents
- Educational Master Plan 2012-2030
- Facilities Master Plan 2014-2030
- Integrated Planning Manual (Edition 2017)
- Integrated Planning Flow Chart 2017
- Participatory Governance Manual (Edition 2017)
- SC Mission Statement updated 6/2017
- Institutional Student Learning Outcomes (BP 1300)
- Annual Area Plan Template 7/2012
- Annual Program Review Template 7/2012
- 2018-2021 Strategic Plan Update (2019 Annual Progress Report)
- 2018-2021 Strategic Plan Update (2020 Annual Progress Report)
- 2015-16 Strategic Plan Progress Report
- 2016-17 Strategic Plan Progress Report
- Final Assessment 2015-2018 Strategic Plan
- 2013-14 Strategic Plan Progress Report
- 2014-15 Strategic Plan Progress Report
- Final Assessment 2012-2015 Strategic Plan
- 2009-10 Strategic Plan Progress Report
- 2010-11 Strategic Plan Progress Report
- Final Assessment 2009-2012 Strategic Plan