Student Services Council
Purpose and Responsibilities
The mission of Shasta College Student Services is to provide comprehensive high quality programs, services, and guidance which contribute to the success of our students and empower them to make informed decisions to facilitate their learning and achieve their goals.
The Student Services Council (SSC) provides a forum for Deans and Directors working under the umbrella of the Student Services division to meet, plan, and evaluate strategies, activities, and programs designed to facilitate the success of Shasta College students. Responsibilities of the SSC are to:
- Review and prioritize Annual Area Plans and budget initiatives for areas within the Student Services division;
- Recommend student support strategies to enhance student access, equity, success, retention, persistence and goal attainment;
- Recommend and advise on long-range and short-term plans for the Student Services division;
- Review, recommend, and act upon policies and procedures that affect student services, student success, and student interests as they pertain to the campus and the District;
- Identify campus student services issues and develop policy initiatives and proposals for consideration by the College Council; and
- Provide jurisdiction over all matters related to Student Services including policy guidance on Student Services related matters.
The Student Services Council accepts information, reports, and recommendations from the Student Success Committee, and Student Senate.
The Student Services Council reports and makes recommendations to the College Council.
- 1 AVP of Student Services/Dean of Enrollment Services
- 2 Dean of Student Services
- 1 Associate Dean of Student Services
- 1 Manager from each of the following areas: EOPS/ CalWORKS, PACE/C2C, TRIO and UMOJA
- 2 Director - Student Success and Basic Needs
- 1 Instructional Dean
- 2 Additional managers from the following to serve on a rotating basis: STEP-UP, Enrollment Services, Gateway to College and TRIO. Fiscal Analyst attends as a non-voting member.
- Chair 1 AVP of Student Services
- Tim Johnston, AVP, Student Services, Chair
- Sandra Hamilton Slane, Dean, Student Services
- Shaunna Rossman, Dean, Student Services
- Carlos Reyes, Representative, Instructional Deans
- Natalie Tucker, Associate Dean, Student Services
- Nadia Elwood, Director, EOPS/CalWORKS
- Amber Perez, Director, PACE/C2C
- Sue Huizinga, Director, TRIO
- Jerry Brown, Director. UMOJA
- Ryan Loughrey, Director, Student Success and Basic Needs
- Sandy Lucero, Coordinator of Student Services
- Robert Bowman, Director, STEP-UP
- Nick Webb, Director, Gateway to College
- Patricia Esparza, Assistant Director - Student Services (TRiO Talent Search)
- Chelsea Kefalas, Director of Student Services – College Corps
- Crystal Mair, Interim Grants and Contracts Fiscal Analyst
- Kelsey Moynahan, Assistant Director for TRiO
- Sheri Wiggins, FKCE Program Coordinator
- Alexa Zaharris, Interim Director of Student Services
For more information, contact Amy Speakman, Administrative Secretary I at (530) 242-7656 or email email@example.com.