Student Success Committee
This committee is a joint committee of the Academic Senate.
The purpose of the Student Success Committee is to provide recommendations with respect to standards or policies regarding student preparation and success, including but not limited to improvements in services and programs for new students, basic skills students and probation students. Any Shasta College staff, faculty, or students may attend meetings.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To recommend policies and procedures designed to increase the preparation and success of students.
- To provide recommendations for implementation of legislation related to student success.
- To provide recommendations of basic skills, matriculation and student success funding.
- Other matters related to student success, as appropriate.
- All recommendations of the Student Success Committee related to academic and professional matters will be forwarded to the Executive Committee of the Academic Senate for approval.
- All recommendations of the Student Success Committee related to student support matters will be forwarded to the Student Services Council for approval.
Kari Aranbul - Co-Chair
Student Success Committee Members
Student Success Committee Membership as of 12/09/2019
- John Yu, Dean of Student Services
- Kari Aranbul, Medical Assisting Instructor
- Vacant -- Administrator from Extended Education
- Becky McCall -- Administrator from Information Technology
- Jennifer Healey -- Administrator from Instruction
- John Yu -- Administrator from Student Services
- Rochelle Morris -- Classified Member from Student Services
- Heather Wylie -- Faculty Member from Arts, Communications and Social Sciences
- Dan Bryant -- Faculty Member from Business, Agriculture, Industry, Technology and Safety
- Sonia Randhawa – Faculty Member from Counseling
- Brian Spillane -- Faculty Member from Counseling
- Valerie Ambrose-- Faculty Member from English Department
- Kari Aranbul -- Faculty Member from Health Sciences
- Susan Sawyer -- Faculty Member from Pathways and Learning Support
- Cheryl Cruse -- Librarian
- Barbara Perry -- Faculty Member from Math Department
- Bish Xu -- Faculty Member from Math Department
- Rose Miranda -- Faculty Member from Math Department
- Melanee Grondahl - Faculty Member from Basic Skills and Student Development
- Vacant -- Faculty Member from Development, Athletics, Physical Education, and Safety
- Tina Dipe -- Student Representative
Meetings are usually held on the fourth Thursday of every month from 3:30pm - 5:00pm, in Room 2314 on the following dates:
- September 26, 2019
- October 31, 2019
- December 5, 2019 (due to the Thanksgiving holiday)
- January 30, 2020
- February 27, 2020
- April 30, 2020