Xi'an International University (XAIU) is a private higher education institution that is fully accredited by China's Ministry of Education. Founded in 1992 and located in the heart of Xi'an, the most historic city in China, the University sits on 1.26 million square meters of land, possesses state-of-the-art classroom buildings, spacious dormitories, well-stocked libraries, sports fields, and has about 21,000 students and 1,700 faculty and staff.
The academics of the university include eight colleges offering 42 major fields of study, which cover management, economics, humanities, medicine, engineering, agriculture, arts and education. A relatively young institution and an outcome of China's marketization and reforms, XAIU has over the years grown in to a multi-discipline comprehensive university and has stabilized in scale. The university now places its primary emphasis on quality enhancing and successful transformation.
In the era of information technology, XAIU invests heavily in equipping the campus with advanced information technological system infrastructure and has recently, as the only higher education institution in north west China, been classified to enter the list of “100-School Big Data Project" as part of the Industry-Education Integration and Innovation Initiative jointly launched by School Planning and Development Center of China's Education Ministry and the Dawning Information Industry Co., Ltd.
Students of XAIU come from all over the country and overseas, with the majority from the Shaanxi Province. XAIU is committed to ensuring their students graduate with well-rounded knowledge and practical capabilities, critical thinking skills, good mannerisms, and a strong sense of social responsibilities. Campus facilities, academic programs, as well as extracurricular activities are accordingly designed.
Programs of Study
XAIU provides following three options for international students, they can choose one or a combination of three so long as the schedule is compatible.
- Option 1. English-taught Courses for students with good English skills including both some Business Courses and English Language Courses for English majors; including Intercultural Communication; Microeconomics; Macroeconomics; Principles of Economics; International Finance; Principles of Management; Introduction to Intercultural Business Communication; International Business Negotiation; International Trade Practice; Introduction to International Marketing; Practical E-Commerce
- Option 2. Chinese Language and Culture Courses for students with limited or no Chinese foundation;
- Option 3. Chinese-taught Majors for students with Chinese at HSK level 4. HSK is a Chinese language proficiency test that helps determine an international student's proficiency levels in Chinese.
XAIU has over 40 bachelor programs, including 7 language related program in Chinese, Japanese, French, Russian, Korean and Spanish.
Xi'an University is recruiting English speaking tutors.
Interns receive a max of 8 hours / week teaching language, culture, history, and/or literature. In return, they receive:
- Free on-campus shared accommodation
- Free airport pickup and drop-off
- Free Chinese classes
- Visa application assistance
- Must hold at least a high school diploma
For more information:
Documents and Additional Resources
- XAIU Application form for International Students (.DOC)
- XAIU Brochure (PDF)
- XAIU International Student Guide (PDF)
- XAIU Chinese Culture and Language Program (3 Weeks) (PDF)