Materials Request Process
Using online resources is your first and best choice whenever possible. You can ask us for help locating online material. If you cannot find what you need online, there are a limited number of textbooks and Chromebooks as well as other library materials that are available for reservation and pickup.
Requesting materials is a two-step process. Complete both steps and do not come to campus until you have an email confirmation of your exact appointment time. A request does not guarantee a time. All appointment requests will be confirmed via email.
Step 1: Select Materials to Reserve
- Go to Advanced Search on the library website.
- Sign in to Shasta Portal using the Sign in link in upper right of screen.
- Select Library Catalog at the top of the search box to limit to physical items.
- Search for the item you would like to borrow in the fields provided. If you would like to borrow a Chromebook or calculator visit the associated links and follow the steps to request the items.
- Select the desired item by clicking on the title and then click Place Hold.
- Complete the form to reserve your item.
Repeat steps to reserve additional items (up to 3 items)
Do not come to campus until you receive an email confirmation that your appointment has been approved.
Step 2: Schedule a Time to Pick Up Materials
Once you have requested your material as described in Step 1 above, make an appointment to pick up your items. You must make your appointment within 48 hours of completing Step 1 or your hold will automatically be cancelled.
- Go to the Library Calendar Material Pick Up website.
- Select your preferred appointment time and day in the grid at the bottom of the page. Available times to pick up items are noted in green. Scroll forward through calendar to access future dates or use the forward arrow at the top left of the calendar.
- Follow the steps on the website to submit your requested appointment.
- Check your email for a confirmation. Your confirmation email will share details about the material pick up protocols. Face masks and social distancing will be required during material pickup.
- Call or text (530) 768-0313 when you arrive on campus sharing your name. Wait in your car for confirmation that your order is ready before approaching the library. Follow the signs to the pickup point.
- If you don’t have a cellphone, reply to the appointment confirmation email letting the library team know you will not be able to call or text and we will be available for pick up only during your 15-minute appointment window.