Materials Request Process
Requesting materials is a two-step process. Complete both steps and do not come to campus until you have an email confirmation of your exact appointment time. A request does not guarantee a time. All appointment requests will be confirmed via email.
Want us to help you reserve your materials? Call or text us! (530) 690-5842
- Go to Advanced Search on the library website.
- Sign into Shasta Portal using the Sign in link in upper right of screen.
- Select Library Catalog at the top of the search box to limit to physical items.
- Search for the item you would like to borrow in the fields provided.
- For Chromebooks, View Inventory & Availability
- Select the desired item by clicking on the title and then click Place Hold.
- Complete the form to reserve your item.
Repeat steps to reserve additional items.
- Next, make an appointment to pick up your items. Go to the Library Calendar Material Pick Up website.
- Select your preferred appointment time and day in the grid at the bottom of the page. Available times to pick up items are noted in green. Scroll forward through calendar to access future dates or use the forward arrow at the top left of the calendar.
- Follow the steps on the website to submit your requested appointment.
- Check your email for a confirmation. Your confirmation email will share details about the material pick up protocols. Face masks and social distancing will be required during material pickup.
- Call or text (530) 768-0313 when you arrive on campus sharing your name. Follow the signs to the pickup point located on the west side of the library, facing the admissions building.