Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG)
Six University of California (UC) campuses offer guaranteed admission to California community college students who meet specific requirements. By participating in a Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) program, you will receive early review of your academic records, early admission notification and specific guidance about major preparation and general education coursework.
The TAG Matrix provides a list of participating campuses, eligibility criteria and campus specific notes for students seeking admission for the academic year.
- TAG Matrix 2022-2023 (PDF)
- Fill out an online TAG application between September 1 - 30 the fall semester prior to transfer. You may submit a TAG application for one participating UC campus. Before submitting your application have it reviewed for completeness and accuracy (See Step 2.)
- Schedule an appointment to meet in September with a Shasta College TAG Counselor. Please schedule early as these appointments do fill up. Before submitting have your TAG application reviewed by your community college counselor and/or UC campus TAG advisor for accuracy and completeness.
- Be sure to also submit your UC Application for admission to the UC campus that you are seeking a TAG with, as well as any other UC campuses of interest. The fall application period is November 1 - 30.
- When your TAG is approved by the UC campus, fulfill all remaining coursework and GPA requirements in your TAG agreement.