Shasta College Inspiring and Fostering Independence
SCI*FI is a Foster Youth Program.
SCI*FI is an educational support program for college students who are current or former foster youth. Weekly workshops, academic support, and individual mentoring help students succeed in their coursework and also develop the skills needed to foster a stable transition into independence.
Students eligible for the SCI*FI Program:
- Current and Former Foster Youth
- Age 13-26
- Enrolled or planning to enroll at Shasta College
SCI*FI students may also qualify for more programs:
- EOPS - Extended Opportunity Programs and Services. This educational support program is for students who experience language, social, economic, and educational challenges. The program also helps facilitate the successful completion of student's goals and objectives while attending Shasta College. EOPS provides several services, including but not limited to, specialized counseling, book services, transportation assistance, and tutoring.
- PACE - Partners in Access to College Education. The mission of PACE, formerly known as Disabled Students Programs and Services (DSPS), is to support students in acquiring equal access to Shasta College programs and facilities, to provide services and instruction for students in reaching their optimal level of achievement while developing lifelong skills, and to serve as a specialized resource for students, faculty, staff, and the community.
- TRIO - Educational Talent Search, Upward Bound, and Student Support Services. Educational Talent Search - serving 6th -12th grade students at 5 high schools and 5 middle schools in Shasta and Trinity counties. Upward Bound - serving 9th – 12th grade students at Enterprise and Central Valley High Schools. Student Support Services - serving 180 students attending Shasta College who are planning to transfer to a four year institution.
California Chafee Grant
This grant provides free money for current or former California foster youth to help pay for college or career and technical training.
Compliments, Complaints or Comments
We welcome and value all types of feedback! This is how we know we're serving our students well or what we could work on improving.