Work / Volunteer Opportunities
California Dream Act Service Incentive Grant Program (DSIG)
The California Dream Act Service Incentive Grant Program (DSIG) encourages California Dream Act Applicant (CADAA) Students with a Cal Grant A award that met Cal Grant B eligibility or a Cal Grant B award to perform community or volunteer service. The California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) will award up to $4,500 per academic year (up to $2,250 per semester or up to $1,500 per quarter) to 1,667 eligible students. The grant will be available to the student for up to 8 semesters or up to 12 quarters while they have an active Cal Grant A or B award. Students must also meet Satisfactory Academic Progress and complete any necessary verification for their Cal Grant award.
Website: College Corps at Shasta College
In partnership with #CaliforniansForAll College Corps, College Corps at Shasta College will provide up to 100 college students with service opportunities in areas of community need such as K-12 schools, food banks/pantries or climate action organizations.
The College Corps program has three core goals:
- Goal 1: Engage Shasta College students in meaningful service opportunities that build career pathways, leadership skills and civic responsibility.
- Goal 2: Help students from diverse backgrounds graduate college on time and with less debt.
- Goal 3: Support the work of community-based organizations focused on key local priorities.
Undocumented students who complete 450 hours of service with College Corps at Shasta College will receive the following benefits:
- $7,000 stipend (living allowance), which can be co-awarded with DSIG for an additional $4,500.
- Real-world job experience and skills to add to their resume;
- Access to training, networking, and professional development opportunities;
- A sense of pride and accomplishment in working toward a common purpose alongside young leaders from across the region and around the state.
Learning Aligned Employment Program (LAEP)
Information coming soon…