Veterans Education Team (VET)
Mission: “Committed to advocating, and providing, the best services to our student Veteran and Military population, which includes students who have served in the United States Armed Services and their dependents.”
Questions? Please reach out to James Konopitski, email@example.com
Scope and Function
- The Veterans Education Team is a student Veterans focused advisory group for Shasta College staff, faculty, administration, and the local communities.
- Promote the support and success of student Veterans and Veteran dependents at Shasta College.
- Provide advocacy for the improvement of Veterans education at Shasta College and the communities that Shasta College serves.
- Suggest holistic practices and provide awareness that will support our student Veterans.
- Promote active involvement and communication about student Veterans within the Shasta College local communities; to include: Shasta County, Tehama County, and Trinity County.
- Provide awareness of local, state and federal resources to our student Veterans.
- James Konopitski, Veterans Services Program Coordinator (Chair)
- Alexa Zaharris, Director of Student Services (Co-Chair)
- Student – Vacant
- Rob McCandless, Veterans Counselor
- Julie Fisher, Veterans School Certifying Official
- Milli Israel, Veterans Student Success Facilitator
- Rich James, Veterans Student Sucess Facilitator
- Nichole Smith, Psychological Counselor
- Jessie Knight, Student Services Analyst (PACE)
- Molly Stimpel, Assistant Director of Employer Partnership
- Dhabih Hendershot, CIS/CISCO Instructor
- Kari Aranbul, Medical Assisting Instructor
- Pete Dickerson, Heavy Equipment Operations Instructor
- Nicole Dawson, Heavy Equipment Instructor
- Brian Diederich, Shasta County Veterans Services Representative
- Mike Dahl, Nick Dahl Memorial Veterans Fund