Veterans Education Team (VET)
Mission: “Committed to advocating, and providing, the best services to our student Veteran and Military population, which includes students who have served in the United States Armed Services and their dependents.”
Questions? Please reach out to James Konopitski, email@example.com
Scope and Function
- The Veterans Education Team is a student Veterans focused advisory group for Shasta College staff, faculty, administration, and the local communities.
- Promote the support and success of student Veterans and Veteran dependents at Shasta College.
- Provide advocacy for the improvement of Veterans education at Shasta College and the communities that Shasta College serves.
- Suggest holistic practices and provide awareness that will support our student Veterans.
- Promote active involvement and communication about student Veterans within the Shasta College local communities; to include: Shasta County, Tehama County, and Trinity County.
- Provide awareness of local, state and federal resources to our student Veterans.
- James Konopitski, Veterans Services Coordinator (Chair)
- Alexa Zaharris, Interim Director of Student Services (Co-Chair)
- Student – Vacant
- Rob McCandless, Veterans Counselor
- Julie Fisher, Veterans School Certifying Official
- Nichole Smith, Psychological Counselor
- Dhabih Hendershot, CIS/CISCO Instructor
- Kari Aranbul, Medical Assisting Instructor
- Milli Israel, Veterans Student Success Facilitator
- Celestina Traver, Shasta County Veterans Services Officer
- Mike Dahl, Redding Chamber of Commerce Board Member & Nick Dahl Memorial Veterans Fund
- Michelle Alexander, Director of Nation’s Finest
- Colleen Cambra, LCSW, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs