Phi Theta Kappa - Beta Mu Mu Chapter
The purpose of Phi Theta Kappa is to recognize and encourage the academic achievement of 2 year college students; provide opportunities for individual growth and development through participation in Phi Theta Kappa.
Members of Phi Theta Kappa may apply for more than $36 million in transfer scholarships, provided exclusively to Society members by more than 600 senior institutions. For a comprehensive list of benefits and to learn more about what Phi Theta Kappa has to offer, please visit the international Phi Theta Kappa website at www.ptk.org.
Must have completed 12 units of associate degree eligible units (course numbers 1-99), have cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher, and be registered for the current semester to join.
Cost is $60. Some programs may be available to reimburse this fee in full or in part, please contact email@example.com for details.
How to Apply
To become a member you may submit an application online.
- Each semester The Hub emails an invitation for membership to enrolled students who meet PTK's qualifications for membership.
- These students are assigned an online registration number.
- If you haven't received an invitation to membership and believe you qualify to be a PTK member, contact The Hub at (530) 242-7626.
- Once you have received your online registration passcode, go to www.ptk.org. Select 'Become a Member'. Enter your passcode where indicated. You may pay online.
- Please allow 1 week before you receive information regarding your membership, membership number and benefits.
Once you become a member you will be invited to the annual Induction Ceremony where you will be formally recognized as a PTK member, meet other PTK members, learn more about PTK and the Beta Mu Mu chapter at Shasta College, and be honored before various staff, faculty and students.