How We Help
The support of the Foundation has enhanced, created, and enabled a number of events which benefit our campus, students, and community since 1996.
Events we've supported in years past:
- Welcome Day - acquainting students with the resources that will help them succeed!
- Art Receptions - welcoming students and community members to join us in viewing and engaging with the art of students, faculty, community members, as well as distinguished figures in the art community.
- Math Camp - providing lunches at this FREE event which helps students get the jump-start on the math skills that they need to achieve their dreams.
- Flex Days - where faculty get to sharpen their skills for teaching and connecting with students.
- Summer Study Abroad Program - bridging the financial gap to allow students to have the opportunity of a lifetime!
- Theater and musical events performances - from the Summer Vocal Musical Institute, to sponsoring students' travel to the annual Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival, to bringing in renowned musicians in jazz, classical, and gospel music to teach and perform.
- Final Exam Jam Nights - helping students ace their finals and move on to the next step!
- The Community Speaker Series - bringing speakers who will inspire, excite and challenge the community with fresh ideas and perspectives on education, social issues, the arts, and our environment to the Northstate.
- Coral Sea Research Vessel Trips - providing students in oceanography classes with the opportunity for hands-on experience with the intersection of science and nature.
- Supporting other local nonprofits who support our current and future students - such as Girls, Inc., the Shasta Library Foundation, Redding Fashion Alliance, and Friends of the Trinity Resource Conservation District.
- Speech and Debate Competitions
- Cultural and ecological awareness events - such Cinco de Mayo and Earth Day, which include engaging and educational demonstrations and activities for all!
- Community outreach - supporting events like the Trinity Wildflower Hike, classes on gardening and composting for all ages, and Caesar Chavez "Clean-Up" day for local recreational areas which could use some tlc.
Pay it Forward Program
We are able to fund these important events and projects, which might not otherwise happen without that funding, thanks to the generous support of our staff through our Pay it Forward: Voluntary Payroll Deduction Program.