Career Success Certificate
This curriculum is designed to provide an integrated educational option for students preparing for inclusion in the workforce.
This is a locally approved certificate. Upon satisfactory completion of the listed requirements and application for completion of the certificate to Admissions and Records, the student will receive a certificate of completion. This certificate program is not approved through the California Community College Chancellor’s Office; therefore, completion of the certificate will not be listed on the student’s transcript.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this certificate, the student should be able to:
- Identify occupational opportunities and initiate a job search.
- Use a word processor, find information on the Internet and conduct employment search activities using a computer.
- Demonstrate mastery of arithmetic skills presented in real life employment contexts.
- Demonstrate effective reading and writing skills for the workplace.
- Navigate workplace issues that lead to improved workplace productivity.
- CALS 200 Foundations for College 3
- CALS 210 Career Planning and Development 1
- CALS 254 Basic Computer Skills 1
- CALS 256 Reading and Writing for Career and Life (3) OR ENGL 260 Elements of Reading 260 (4) 3-4
- CALS 258 Mathematics for Employment (3) OR MATH 220 Basic Mathematics (3) 3
Choose 4 units from the following: 4
- BUAD 81 Stress Management in the Workplace (0.5)
- BUAD 82 Managing Organizational Change (0.5)
- BUAD 83 Conflict Resolution (0.5)
- BUAD 84 Attitude in the Workplace (0.5)
- BUAD 85 Customer Service in the Workplace (0.5)
- BUAD 86 Decision Making and Problem Solving (0.5)
- BUAD 87 Team Building (0.5)
- BUAD 88 Communicating With People (0.5)
- BUAD 89 Time Management (0.5)
- BUAD 90 Values and Ethics (0.5)
Total Units for Certificate: 15 – 16
For reference only as of 2019/2020
We are dedicated to helping you reach your educational and career goals. To begin your journey, apply for admissions today!