University Studies: Liberal Studies - Teaching Prep AA Degree
University Studies – 29 Unit Emphasis | SC Program: AA.1504
The Liberal Studies emphasis prepares students to transfer as a Liberal Studies major to campuses of the California State University system. This is the bachelor’s degree major students select to prepare as an elementary school teacher and earn a multiple subjects credential. See a counselor for this major – many if not all courses satisfy the general educational pattern.
Program Learning Outcomes
For University Studies Degree Learning Outcomes, see page 22.
Complete the following 29 units:
- BIOL 10 General Biology (3)
- BIOL 10L General Biology Lab (1)
- CMST 54 Small Group Communication (3) OR CMST 60 Public Speaking (3)
- ECE 1 Human Development (3) OR ECE 9 Child Growth and Development (3)
- EDUC 1 Introduction to Education (3)
- ESCI 12 General Earth Science (4) OR PHSC 1 Physical Science Survey (4)
- HIST 2 World Civilization to 1500 C.E. (3) OR HIST 3 World Civilization: 1500 to Present (3)
- HIST 17A United States History (3) OR HIST 17B United States History (3)
- MATH 41A Concepts of Elementary Mathematics (3) OR MATH 41B Concepts of Elementary Mathematics (3)
- POLS 2 Introduction to American Government (3)
For reference only as of 2019/2020
Start Your Future at Shasta College
We are dedicated to helping you reach your educational and career goals. To begin your journey, apply for admissions today!