Complete the CADAA
How to Apply for California Dream Act
- Apply for Admissions to Shasta College
- Apply for the California College Promise Grant
- Complete the California Dream Act Application
- Request High School Transcripts
- Submit the AB540 Affidavit (CA Nonresident Tuition Exemption Application)
- Apply for Scholarships
Please keep reading for more details each step step of the process.
Apply for Admissions to Shasta College
Apply for the California College Promise Grant
Submit the online application for the California College Promise Grant (formerly BOG Fee Waiver). You'll receive a follow-up email about your eligibility status within 24 hours.
Complete the California Dream Act Application
Fill out and submit the California Dream Act Application at its California Student Aid Commission website.
To help collect the required information on your Dream Act Application view the following:
- The 2020-21 Dream Act Application is available online October 1, 2019. Apply Online today!
- 2020-2021 Paper Dream Act application will be available approximately next week.
The 2020-21 School year covers Summer 2020, Fall 2020, Spring 2021.
Request High School Transcripts
Ask your high school to send official transcripts to the Shasta College Admissions & Records office:
Attn: Admissions & Records
P.O. Box 496006
Redding, CA 96049-6006
Complete the AB540 Affidavit (CA Nonresident Tuition Exemption Application)
Complete the CA Nonresident Tuition Exemption Application and submit form online to the Admissions and Records Office.
Once your Dream Act Application has been received by Shasta College, you will receive notification via email regarding documents required to determine your eligibility for all California State grants. The documents/forms required will also be viewable in your MyShasta Account under "My Financial Aid."
You will receive an email notification once your eligibility has been determined. Your award letter will be available to view in your MyShasta account under "My Financial Aid" once final determination of award(s) have been confirmed.
Apply for Scholarships
Apply for scholarships including Shasta College Scholarships.
Resources for Students
- Educators for Fair Consideration (E4FC): Empowering undocumented young people in their pursuit of college, career and citizenship, please visit the E4FC website for information on their "Scholars Program", and other services they provide.
- Ayuda Financiera del Estudiante en Español: Este documento proporciona la informacion sobre ayuda financiera del estudiante y becas en español.
- CA Dream Act vs. Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA): CA Dream Act is not the same program as DACA relief. DACA does not confer a new status for students and does not affect AB540 status.
- If you are considerented an Undocumented student, please visit the following page for additional resources that may be available to you: Resources for Undocumented Students