A scholarship is a financial aid award designed to support a student's education. They are awarded based upon various criteria typically reflecting the values and purposes of the award donor or founder. Scholarships are not required to be repaid.
Shasta College Scholarship Requirements
- Student must be enrolled in at least 6 units at Shasta College
- Student must have 12 college units completed by:
- August 1
- January 1
- Please note: Units from other colleges can be counted toward the 12 unit requirement. The 12 College Unit requirement does not apply to graduating High School Seniors located within the Shasta-Tehama-Trinity Community College District. You may apply during the Spring application period only.
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- The letter must be submitted electronically by the reference. Paper letters cannot be accepted.
- You will provide the e-mail address of the reference, and they will receive an e-mail with instructions to submit the letter(s)
How to Apply
Shasta College Scholarship applicants are accepted twice per year during the approximate timeframes:
- Fall Application Period: August/September through October/November
- Spring Application Period: December/January through February March
The deadline for each scholarship varies, and is posted on the AcademicWorks Scholarship Portal
- Create or sign in to your AcademicWorks Scholarship Portal.
- Start the "General Application." Remember to 'save & keep editing' throughout your application.
- "Finish & Submit" once you have completed the "General Application."
- Review your "Applicant Record" to ensure your entries are correct.
- Click "Recommended" at the top of the page to view a list of scholarships you meet the criteria for based on the data you provided.
- Complete the "Supplemental Questions" for each scholarship you wish to apply.
- Wait for an award notification from email@example.com
Some scholarship donors require interviews as a final application step. You will be notified if you are invited to an interview so please be sure your contact information is current on Academic Works & your MyShasta account.
Evaluations for determining the Scholarship recipient may take up to two months after each scholarship deadline. You will receive communications from Shasta College on your award status. You can also check on the award status by logging into Academic Works, and selecting "My Applications.
The status definitions are:
- Awarded: you have been awarded this scholarship.
- Alternate: You may be awarded at a later time, if funds are unable to be disbursed to the original scholarship recipient.
- Not Awarded: You have not been selected as the scholarship recipient.
Ready to apply?
Get started by visiting our AcademicWorks Scholarship Portal.
Interested in more scholarship opportunities?
External Opportunities are posted as a service for our students. We do our best to post only verified scholarships and Department of Education suggested scholarship search engines. You do not need to be a Shasta College student to apply for these scholarships. Learn more by visiting the following website for external scholarship opportunities.
Frequently Asked Questions
Issue: You are not admitted to Shasta College and do not have a valid student ID number.
- Solution: Complete the Admissions & Records Admittance Application.
Issue: You have a duplicate student ID number on file with Admissions & Records.
- Solution: Go to Admissions & Records and have them combine your records and give you your valid student ID number.
Issue: You do not have a valid email address on file with Shasta College or someone else has the same email address you are using on file with Shasta College.
- Solution: Contact the Scholarship Processor for more help with this issue.
Issue: Someone else has the same email address you are trying to sign in with on file with Shasta College.
- Solution: You or the other person needs to change your email address. Contact the Scholarship Processor for help with this issue.
Issue: You are using an email address Shasta College no longer has on file for you.
- Solution: Contact the Scholarship Processor for help with this issue.
- Go to the Sign Up or Sign In webpage.
- Locate and click on the “Trouble signing in” link.
- Type in your email address and click “Recover Password”.
- Log into your email account and follow the directions to create a new password.
Check your “Profile Information”. This is information imported from the Shasta College data system. If any of the information is incorrect, you will not be matched to the correct scholarship opportunities.
The following are examples of information that may be incorrect in your “Profile Information”:
- You do not have an active major on file with Admissions and Records. (Our “Form S” posted to “My Shasta” has the list of current active majors, for your reference).
- You have a major on file that you are no longer pursuing.
- Contact the Scholarship Processor to find out which department on campus you need to contact to update your “Profile Information”.
- We upload changes from the Shasta College database to AcademicWorks nightly.
- Allow 24 - 48 hours for these changes to post.