Depending on the specific book assistance, the award can help cover the cost of textbooks or books and supplies. While book grants do not need to be repaid, the book loans must be repaid.
Applications for the current semester are accepted on:
|For Term / Semester||Application Opens||Date Closes|
|Fall||First working day in August||45-days prior to the end of the semester|
|Spring||First working day in January||45-days prior to the end of the semester|
Grant funds are limited and awarded in order requests are received. If funding for books is needed, students are encouraged to select "applying for both" (meaning either a grant or a loan.) This will expedite funds if grants are no longer available.
Please read all information below before applying.
Students NOT eligible:
- Scheduled to receiving a PELL Grant disbursement, unless living in the dorms or have an out-of-state residency
- In “Default” status on a Federal Student Loan
- Owe a grant over payment
- Enrolled in less than 6 units. Note: Late start classes are not considered enrolled units until they start
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) below 2.0
- Currently attending High School and/or College Connection
- Have an outstanding Short-Term Loan
- Have an “unsatisfactory repayment” status on a previous Short-Term Loan
If your request is approved, you will receive a gift card to be used at the Shasta College Bookstore only. Once a gift card has been issued, it cannot be canceled or modified.
PEAK PROCESSING (August & January): Allow 10 business days
NON PEAK PROCESSING: Allow 5 business days
- Once your application has been processed, an email will be sent to you.
- If your request is not approved, additional information will be posted to “Required Documents” under “My Financial Aid” through “My Shasta”.
- Grant Funds are limited and awarded on a first-come/first-serve basis.
- If a Book Loan is processed on your behalf, a charge will be placed on your student account. You will be responsible for this debt. Remember, this is a short-term loan and is due 45-days from receipt. A late fee of $10.00 may be assessed to your account.
- If a Book Loan is approved a charge will be placed on your student account at the time the gift card is issued
- Book Loans are to be repaid to Shasta College within 45 days
- Payments can be made on-line thru your My Shasta account
- A late fee of $10.00 may be assessed
- Unpaid Loans will be sent to collections. All collection fees will be the responsibility of the student.
Book Assistance Programs
Shasta College Short-Term Book Loan
- Students may apply each semester
- This is a short term loan to be repaid within 45-days
- Covers textbooks and classroom supplies
- Maximum Book Loan: $350.00
Follett Book Grant
- This is a one-time grant
- Grants do not need to be repaid
- Covers required textbooks for classes currently enrolled
- Maximum Follett Book Grant: $300.00
Teresa B. Poore Book Grant
- Students may be approved tor this grant once per academic year
- Grants do not need to be repaid
- Covers Books and Supplies
- Maximum Book Grant: $400.00
How to Apply
Using the email address on file with Shasta College, please Sign In or Sign Up for an AcademicWorks account. When creating an account, please follow instructions from the site.
The Book Assistance Application is now closed. Please return for next semester's application. Thank you for your interest.