Student Employment Job Board Posting: Tehama County Public Works, Information Systems Specialist II
Check out this new job posting!
Field/Industry Computers & Electronics
Business Name Tehama County Public Works
Contact Name Christy Sartori
Address 9380 San Benito Ave, Gerber, Ca 96035
Phone Number 1-530-385-1462
Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Position/Title Information Systems Specialist II
Rate of Pay $2300.80-$2802.40 Biweekly
Days / Hours Monday-Friday 8:00 am- 5:00 pm
Link to job application https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/tehama/jobs/3257269/
The Information Systems Specialist II performs a variety of complex technical duties in support of the department’s management information system; provides database management technical support to users; performs programming, including writing reports; troubleshoots complex hardware and software problems associated with the department’s computers and related equipment; installs hardware equipment and software applications.
Education & Experience
- Any combination of training and experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field or an Associate’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field.
- An Information Technology Career Certification such as CCNA, CCDA, MCP, SCNA, SCSA, or other applicable certifications.
- Three (3) years of applications software analysis, design and programming, including experience in application development with an online interactive database system.
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
License & Special Requirements
- Requires a valid California driver’s license
- Online Application
Example of Duties
- Provides consulting advice, technical expertise, evaluation of solutions, systems integration, recommends appropriate standards of specialized hardware or software to meet the County’s needs.
- Analyzes and designs large-scale information systems, utilizes flow charts, diagrams, data sets, and file descriptions.
- Consults user on feasibility of data processing applications.
- Writes, tests, and debugs programs.
- Prepares recommendations for corrections and improvements.
- Manages databases, security, monitoring, and tuning to ensure ongoing operation.
- Maintains documentation of user manuals.
- Conducts training programs, identifies causes of network problems and performs enhancements.
- Evaluates the department’s network system’s needs, develops application priorities, administers changes to systems, tracks problem areas, assists in design of network administration, and establishes a maintenance schedule for computers and peripheral devices.
- Provides advice to department regarding network functionality.
- Responds to end user inquiries.
- Instructs and trains end users.
- Assists in the operations of the County’s technology needs, implements system upgrades, researches, evaluates, and purchases computer equipment and supplies.
- Enforces information systems operational policies and procedures.
- Ensures safety and security of information system assets.
- Compliance with all provisions of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) if assigned to the Health Services Agency.
Applicants should apply through the Government Jobs link provided.
This job closes at 5 pm on 11/26/21