Since virtually all major decisions that are made on the Shasta College campus affect students in some way, student input is welcomed. The organized "student voice" to the campus community is facilitated through the Student Senate.
Student Senate Officer Elections 2021-2022
To run for a officer position for the 2021-2022 Student Senate fill out the online application: Student Senate Officer Application 2021-2022
- Applications close: March 26th, 2021
- Campaigning Begins: March 29th, 2021 SCSS
- Elections take place via Canvas on April 20th - April 21st
- Please fill out the online senator application in it's entirety. This form will automatically be sent to the Office of Student Life.
- If you are interested in finding out more about vacant officer positions please email the Student Senate advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event that you cannot access the online form, you may still fill out the PDF "Updated SCSS Officer Application" and email to email@example.com.
Want to become a senator?
To become a Student Senator, you have to be enrolled in a minimum of 6 units and maintain a cumulative 2.0 GPA throughout the academic year. To apply online please submit the online application.
Meeting Dates & Times
Student Senate meetings are held weekly on Fridays from 11:00 am to 12:00 pm virtually via Zoom. Meetings are open to the public and all Shasta College students are encouraged to attend. If you are interested in attending a meeting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Senate Advisor