Certification Forms for Students


Veteran students are encouraged to register and utilize eBenefits to assist them in the following:

  • Obtaining up to date information on their educational entitlement
  • Updating their Direct Deposit and personal contact information
  • Downloading VA letters and personal documents
  • Viewing the current status of their payments (both education and disability)

Students can register for either a Basic or Premium account, but must be enrolled in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) to obtain either account type.

Sign up at: http://www.ebenefits.va.gov/

More Resources

Montgomery GI Bill® Active Duty (MGIB-AD)

The Montgomery GI Bill® Active Duty (MGIB-AD) can help you pay for education and training programs. If you’ve served at least 2 years on active duty, find out if you qualify for the MGIB-AD program. (va.gov)

Montgomery GI Bill® Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR)

The Montgomery GI Bill® Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR) program offers up to 36 months of education and training benefits. (va.gov)

Post-9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33)

The Post-9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33) helps you pay for school or job training. If you’ve served on active duty after September 10, 2001, you may qualify for the Post-9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33). (va.gov)

Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)

The Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP) ended on November 25, 2015, but under the National Defense Authorization Act of 2016, some REAP benefits will remain in place for 3 more years. (va.gov)

Survivor and Dependent Benefits (Chapter 35)

Find out if you’re eligible for VA education benefits for dependents and survivors (also called Chapter 35 benefits). (va.gov)

Veteran Readiness and Employment (Chapter 31)

If you have a service-connected disability that limits your ability to work or prevents you from working, the Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E) program—also referred to as Chapter 31—can help. (va.gov)

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).  More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.

For more information visit www.va.gov or call VA Education 1-888-442-4551.