Health Information Management Application Process
Application Filing Period
Applications for the Health Information Management Program will be accepted for the Fall 2024 session starting January 8 through May 10, 2024.
To be eligible to enroll in the baccalaureate degree program in Health Information Management, applicants must have graduated with an Associate of Science degree in Health Information Technology from a regionally accredited institution or must have successfully completed an approved pre-BSHIM pathway (Track 2) from HIT/HIM Health Science counselor.
Applicants must complete an Application Packet including the following components:
- Step #1 - Complete a Shasta College Application for Admission if you are not a current Shasta College student and have not previously taken courses at Shasta College.
- Step #2 - Complete a Health Information Management Program Application form (PDF).
- Health Information Management Program Application form (PDF)
- Electronically submit your completed HIM Program Application along with unofficial transcripts to: HIMapplication@shastacollege.edu.
- You do not need to request transcripts for Shasta College coursework.
- Upon invitation to the HIM program, you will be required to provide official transcripts for coursework completed at other colleges.
- Step #3 - Apply for Financial Aid (Optional).
- Step #4 - Submit documentation of required Health & Safety Clinical Requirements which are non-time sensitive when instructed by the Director of Health Information Management or the Health Sciences Division staff.
Maintaining Current Contact Information
All applicants are responsible for maintaining a current e-mail address on file with the college and the Health Sciences Division. Your information will initially be submitted on your Application form. However if any changes in your information occur after submitting your application packet, click here to make the necessary changes with the Health Sciences Division.
Notification of Acceptance
As enrollment spaces are determined, applicants scheduled for enrollment will receive an Enrollment Invitation email. The email will provide instructions for providing a response to the invitation by an established deadline.
Those who have accepted the invitation to enroll will receive an email indicating acceptance into the program and further instructions for registration for classes. If the applicant, when offered enrollment, is not able
to attend, they will be removed from the applicant pool and the applicant will need to re-apply to be considered for a subsequent class. Students who are not selected for the cohort also have the option of re-applying for a subsequent class.
All application placements are based on space availability.
Application Timeline for Fall 2023
Fall 2023 will be the 8th cohort of students enrolled in the Health Information Management Baccalaureate of Science degree program. In order to assist students to anticipate what to expect prior to the beginning of the semester, we have developed an anticipated timeline.
- May 12, 2023 - Application Deadline for Fall 2023 Cohort
Enrollment Invitation emails will be sent as application packets are reviewed, accepted, and processed. Registration instructions emails sent no later than July 20, 2023.
- August 14, 2023 - Fall 2023 Semester Begins