Medical Assisting Program Enrollment Criteria
The Medical Assisting Program does not have required prerequisite courses, however the pre-enrollment clinical requirements outlined below must be met prior to enrollment.
Firstly, complete and submit the Part 1 Pre-Enrollment Packet. Upon completion of the Part 1 Packet, students will be added to the class working list based on the date their completed packet was submitted to the Health Sciences office. Students on the list will be offered a program invitation to enroll in the class on a first come, first served basis until all class spots have been filled. Part 1 Packets can be submitted at any time during the year. Once a complete Part 1 packet has been received, students will receive registration information.
Those who have received a class invitation will be contacted by the Health Sciences office via email with directions to complete their Part 2 Pre-Enrollment Packet. A majority of the Part 2 Pre-Enrollment Packet are time-sensitive and should not be completed until directed to do so by the Health Sciences office.
- Apply to Shasta College if not a current student
- Turn in a complete Part 1 Pre-Enrollment Packet to the Health Sciences office
- Receive Program Invitation
- Register for Class
- Complete the Part 2 Pre-Enrollment Packet when directed by the Health Sciences office
Part 1 Pre-enrollment Clinical Requirements Packet Contents: secures position on the class working list
- Student Data Form
- Confidential Application for Clinical Practice
- Student Handbook Acknowledgement
- Use of Electronic Device Agreement
- Student Honor Contract
- Photography and Publication Release Form
- Assumption of Risk and Release Form
Part 2 Pre-enrollment Clinical Requirements Packet Contents: must be completed before students will be authorized to register in the second semester of the program. Some requirements are time-sensitive and must not be completed any sooner than 90 days prior to enrollment in the program so wait for direction by the Health Sciences Division before proceeding.
- Clinical Requirements Checklist
- CPR certification – Healthcare Provider level
- 2-Step tuberculosis test results & Tuberculosis Screening form
- Technical Standards Disclosure for Health Sciences
- Health Data & Physical Exam
- Criminal Background Clearance and Drug Screening