Medical Assisting Part 1 Pre-Enrollment Packet
A complete Part 1 Pre-Enrollment packet must be on file at the Health Sciences office to be considered for enrollment into the Medical Assisting (MA) program. Documentation for these requirements must be submitted as a complete packet in a large envelope. Incomplete packets will not be accepted.
- Print the Part 1 Pre-Enrollment Packet. Use the Pre-Enrollment Clinical Requirements Checklist (page 1) as a guide in completing all the steps.
- Proceed with Steps A & B.
- Step A - Confidential Application for Clinical Practice: Document on the Confidential App form. This form is the initial step to completing the criminal background check. This form discloses to Shasta College (confidentially) the existence of any criminal convictions.
- Step B - Signed Acknowledgement Forms:
- When complete, bring your materials to the Health Sciences Division office.
Once all the required documentation has been received by the Health Sciences office, staff will review the materials and verify completion. Your name will be added to the Class Working List based on the date you submitted the complete Part 1 packet. When a class position is available for you, the Health Sciences office will email you a Class Invitation.
A majority of Part 2 Pre-Enrollment Packet is time-sensitive and should not be completed until directed by the Health Sciences office. You may proceed with completing Item C. Students who have been offered enrollment will be emailed instructions when it is time to complete the Part 2 packet.