Medical Assisting Part 2 Pre-Enrollment Packet
A majority of the Part 2 Pre-Enrollment packet is time-sensitive. Do not complete Steps D - G until directed by the Health Sciences office. Students who have been offered a class invitation will be sent an email notification with instructions for completing the Part 2 Pre-Enrollment packet; see the information below regarding the packet deadline. Incomplete packets will not be accepted.
- Print the Part 2 Pre-Enrollment Packet. Use the Pre-Enrollment Clinical Requirements Checklist (page 1) as a guide in completing all the steps.
- Proceed with Step C.
- Step C - Clinical Requirements Checklist: Complete the Clinical Requirement Checklist and submit copies of your original vaccine record or lab test results (titers) showing immunity. Document TB Screening results and Influenza vaccine on the Clinical Requirements Checklist form and attach supporting documentation, including TB Screening result and proof of flu vaccine administration. For more information, visit the Immunization Information page.
- STOP - Do not complete Steps D - G until directed by the Health Sciences Division
- Step D - Technical Standards Disclosure Sheet: Review the standards and initial each of the areas in which compliance with standard is possible on the Technical Standards Disclosure form. Medical assisting can be a physically demanding profession; students should be prepared to meet the technical standards necessary to perform the functions of medical assisting.
- Step E - Physical Examination: Must be obtained within 6 months prior to program enrollment. Must be documented on the Shasta College Health Sciences Health Data & Physical Exam Form.
- Step F - Tuberculosis (TB) Screening Results & Form: Complete the Tuberculosis PPD Screening form and attach the second TB screening results within the time frame indicated on the Part 2 Check List.
- Step G - Criminal Background Check & Drug Screening: Initiate process online at by visiting the Health Sciences Background Check & Drug Screening Instructions page.
- When complete, bring your materials to the Health Sciences Division office by the deadline you were provided.
Once all the required documentation has been received by the Health Sciences office, staff will review the materials and verify completion. Staff will activate your class position and email you specific registration information for your second semester (ALH 103 & 104). Registration may be completed online or in-person at the Admissions & Records office.