Hospitality: Culinary Arts Concentration Certificate
With this certificate, students will enter the Culinary Arts field and should be able to demonstrate principles in sanitation and safety, hospitality, basic food production, nutrition, and business mathematics. Additional skills will be applied in beverage management, advanced foods, menu planning and cost analysis, human resources management, purchasing, dining room service, baking, supervision, garde manger, and actual worksite learning.
This certificate is approved through the California Community College Chancellor’s Office. Upon satisfactory completion of the listed requirements and filing an application for graduation with Admissions and Records, the student’s transcript will reflect completion of this certificate.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this certificate, the student should be able to:
- Prepare workstations, corresponding to the preparation and presentation of a meal, in a time-restricted quality y-minded setting.
- Prepare large scale quantity items in a time-restricted quality-minded setting.
- Practice the principles of sanitation and safety procedures.
- Recognize the types of gourmet foods served in hotels and restaurants and the presentation of these specialties.
- Demonstrate the principles of the garde manger section of the kitchen.
- BUAD 106 Business Mathematics 3
- CULA 45 Basic Food Production 5
- CULA 46 Advanced Foods 5
- CULA 48 Gourmet Foods Preparation 3
- CULA 49 Menu Planning and Cost Analysis 2
- CULA 50 Sanitation and Safety 2
- CULA 55 Food and Beverage Cost Control 2
- CULA 60 Beverage Management 2
- CULA 65 Dining Room Service 3
- CULA 94 Culinary Arts Worksite Learning 2
- CULA 159 Stocks, Soups, Sauces and Basic Culinary Prep. 2
- CULA 161 The Art of Garde Manger 2
- CULA 172 Baking 2
- HOSP 10 Introduction to the Hospitality Industry 3
- HOSP 65 Hospitality Supervision 3
- NUTR 25 Nutrition 3
Total Units for Certificate: 44
For reference only as of 2019/2020
We are dedicated to helping you reach your educational and career goals. To begin your journey, apply for admissions today!