Water/Wastewater Treatment Certificate
Certificate | SC Program: CL.3420
This program is designed to provide entry-level training and upgrading for California water and wastewater public and private agency operators. A student seeking introduction into either water or wastewater fields would benefit by taking the entire course offerings. It is strongly recommended that students complete MATH 101-Basic Algebra and CHEM 2A-Introduction to Chemistry before completing the requirements of the program.
This certificate is approved through the California Community College Chancellor’s Office. Upon satisfactory completion of the listed requirements and filing an application for graduation with Admissions and Records, the student’s transcript will reflect completion of this certificate.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this certificate, the student should be able to:
- Assess existing methods in water and wastewater treatment technology.
- Analyze treatment plant’s relationship and responsibility to the community.
- Evaluate the processes of coagulation, flocculation, sedimentation, filtration, disinfection, and distribution in water treatment.
- Evaluate the processes of primary sedimentation, oxidation, disinfection, and disposal in wastewater treatment.
- WTT 177 Introduction to Wastewater Treatment 3
- WTT 180 Introduction to Water Treatment Tech 3
- WTT 181 Intermediate Water Treatment Tech 3
- WTT 183 Intermediate Wastewater Treatment 3
- WTT 184 Small Water Systems and Distribution 3
- WTT 186 Advanced Wastewater Treatment 3
Total Units for Certificate: 18
For reference only as of 2019/2020
We are dedicated to helping you reach your educational and career goals. To begin your journey, apply for admissions today!