Student Email Information
All students will receive a managed Shasta College email account via Outlook starting in June 2023. Student email accounts are available to use while enrolled at Shasta College. Email accounts close after three (3) primary semesters of no enrollment.
If you experience any issues with your Shasta College student email, please visit the Student Success Center | Shasta College for hands-on support and assistance. You can also contact the Student Success Center at email@example.com and (530) 242-7650.
IT Update — Shasta Portal is getting a new look & feel in June 2023! For more details, please see IT Summer Enhancements Student Flyer (PDF).
Faculty & Staff — Please visit IT Resources for Faculty & Staff for assistance.
Shasta College Email for Students
Your student email account will reside in Microsoft 365 under the Shasta Portal (my.shastacollege.edu). To learn more about student email, visit our frequently asked questions below.
Here are a few things to know:
- If you are a new student, it could take up to four (4) hours for your account to activate once you have successfully completed the enrollment process at Shasta College.
- Starting Monday, June 5, 2023, all new and existing students will be able to sign in to the Shasta Portal and use their Shasta College email account.
- For students, current usernames will be the first part of the email address (adding on the domain @students.shastacollege.edu). For Example: If your current username is s.knights50, the email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Current passwords will remain the same. If you need to change or update your password, you will be required to use 14 characters.
- Students can visit the Student Success Center for hands-on support and assistance.
For new and existing student users
New student users are students who are: new to the college, have not signed in to the Shasta Portal before or have not attended for three (3) or more years.
- If you have never signed in to the Shasta Portal, go to Shasta Portal Help and follow the instructions in Getting Started.
- Once you are able to sign in to the Shasta Portal, look for the Outlook widget.
- It will display a Permissions Requested notice with a Sign In button. Click the Sign In button and enter your Shasta College email address. It will be in the format of email@example.com.
- Use your Shasta Portal password and click Sign In.
- It will ask ask you to allow permissions, click Accept. You will now be able to use your new email from your Shasta Portal dashboard.
- You can also get to your email via the My Apps widget, under Office 365 for Students.
If you need to change or update your password, you will be required to use 14 characters.
- If you don't know your password and cannot access Shasta Portal, please follow the prompts after clicking "Can't access your account?" on the sign-in page at my.shastacollege.edu.
- If you know your password and want to change it, please visit the Microsoft 365 app in the Shasta Portal dashboard. Once you have Microsoft 365 opened, please click on the circle icon with your initials or photo and go to "View account". Then next, select the link for "Change Password" and follow the prompt to change password.
Yes. Signing in to the Shasta Portal requires a Shasta College email address. For students, current usernames will be the first part of the email address, adding on the domain @students.shastacollege.edu.
- For Example: If your current username is s.knights50, the email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
When signing in for the first time, students will be prompted to setup their account recovery.
The following are help guides for the different account recovery methods:
- How to Setup Account Recovery using the Authenticator App (PDF) - Coming soon!
- How to Setup an Alternative Account Recovery Method (PDF)
Sign in to the Shasta Portal to access your account. Review the instructions in Getting Started above to sign in to your email.
Students will have access to their email account for three (3) primary semesters after they are no longer enrolled at Shasta College. After three (3) primary semesters of not being enrolled, the account will be closed. Upon re-applying and successful re-enrollment, access to a new email account will be provided.
New students will receive a Welcome Letter email to their personal email address with instructions on how to sign in.
- If you are a continuing student, you can start using your email account right away. Sign in to the Shasta Portal to access your account.
- If you are a new student, you can start using a restricted version of your email account as soon as you get your welcome letter email from Shasta College. (This email is sent to the personal email address on file!) Email restrictions will be removed once you are enrolled in a class.
For new students, your email address is restricted to those domains until you have successfully enrolled into classes.
Students are not permitted to mass forward their student emails to an outside email provider. This is to ensure the communications are received and the account remains secure.
No, other students will not be able to find you in the address book directory.
After sitting out for three (3) primary terms you will need to re-enroll to access a new student email account.
Yes, your sign-in information will change once you switch from a student to an employee or vice versa. You will be given all of those details during your onboarding process.
Look in your deleted items folder for any removed items. They are not retrievable if they are not in your deleted items folder so be sure to pay attention to what you are deleting.
You have to download the app onto you phone or tablet and sign in. See tips here on how to do that.
Students can get many discounts with a school email address. Inquire with the store/vendor when you are making a purchase or setting up a new account to see if discounts are available. Research online for all the discounts and benefits you can receive!