The Shasta College Foundation is excited to offer a scholarship for new international students.
Recognizing the financial challenges and barriers that many international students may face when coming to a college in the United States, the Shasta College Foundation is happy to offer new international students the opportunity to receive a scholarship. We look forward to welcoming international students to our campus and to being able to provide world-class education to a diverse student population.
Please note that scholarship winners must be eligible F-1 visa holders in order to receive funding, however no visa is needed to apply.
Shasta College Foundation Scholarship for International Students
Here are the details:
- Student must be planning on attending Shasta College in the Fall semester (taking a minimum of 12 units)
- Number of awards to be distributed: 1
- Scholarship Amount: $3,000 (one-time)
- Scholarship Distribution: payment is made directly to the student’s Shasta College Student account to pay for educational expenses.
- Complete the application form, including the essay (500 word maximum)
- Have a Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.5 or better
- Submit two (2) letters of recommendation from someone that knows you well (instructor, employer, church member, etc.) BUT is not a member of your immediate family.
- Submit your most recent unofficial school transcript
Prior to receiving funding in the Fall, the student must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 units at Shasta College.
Scholarship Applications must be submitted by 11:59 pm PST on April 30, 2023.
To learn more and to apply, please complete the following application:
- 2023 Shasta College Foundation International Student Scholarship (Microsoft Forms)