Tutoring Guidelines & Expectations
- All learning center appointments must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance.
- Tutoring appointments are usually 30 - 60 minutes in length.
- Students may schedule up to 6 appointments per week but no more than 2 appointments in the same subject area (this allows us to serve all students needing help).
- Students are expected to come prepared for the tutoring session by bringing textbook(s), syllabi, notes, assignments sheets, other materials, and attempting all prompts and problems on their own first.
- Tutors are NOT permitted to complete homework assignments, quizzes, tests, or online assignments with or for students.
- Computer, laptop, tablet, or phone with working microphone
- Reliable internet access
Shasta College is now offering free Wi-Fi in the North parking lot of the main Redding Campus. Students may sign-up for 1 hour periods available from 9:00 am - 6:00 pm, Monday-Friday starting October 19, 2020. Students may sign-up for more than one appointment per day.
To book an appointment students will use the link at: Shasta College WiFi Appointments.
- Students who need to cancel a scheduled appointment MUST do so at least 24 hours in advance.
- If a student is more than 15 minutes late to an appointment, the student will be marked as a no-show.
- If the student is marked as a no-show two consecutive times, they will receive a warning. If a student is marked as a no-show three times at any point during the semester, the student will receive an email stating that they should no longer make appointments and/or all appointments made will be cancelled until they schedule a meeting with the Director of Learning Centers and Special Programs. After the meeting with the Director, a determination will be made as to whether the student will be allowed to continue to utilize tutoring services and any conditions placed on said use. This notification will be emailed to the student directly and notes will be made in SARS.
For more information, please contact:
Tina Duenas, MBA
Interim Director of Learning Centers & Special Programs (Dual Enrollment, ACE/BOLD)
Shasta – Tehama – Trinity Joint Community College District
(530) 242-2227 - Phone
Room 744 – Office
Remote Office Hours (Fall) – Monday – Friday 7:30 am – 4:00 pm