Application & Eligibility
How to Apply
- Go to the EOPS Application
- Log in to Shasta Portal to access the application
- Fill out application
Your application will be considered for the current application deadline.
If you are a current EOPS student, you do not need to apply again.
EOPS is a program for students who are 'economically and academically disadvantaged.' Below are the criteria to determine economic and academic disadvantage.
A. The "economically disadvantaged" criteria is determined by:
The California College Promise Grant (CCPG). You must be eligible for CCPG A, B, or C with an expected family contribution of $0. Complete the CCPG as soon as possible!
B. The "academically disadvantaged" criteria is determined by any one of the following:
- You are not qualified to enroll into minimum level English (English 190) or math (Math 101) courses required for an Associate Degree, or
- You do not have a high school diploma or GED, or
- You graduated from high school with a grade point average below 2.5, or
- You were previously enrolled in basic skills level courses either in high school or college
- You are a first-generation college student, veteran, member of equity group, current/former foster youth, or primary language at home is not English.
Students who have earned 70 or more units (including units from other college) are not eligible.
EOPS will provide services to you for 6 semesters (or 8 semesters for Partners in Access to College Education students) as long as you remain in good standing by following your Mutual Responsibility Agreement.
Next Steps After You've Been Accepted
Once you have been notified of your acceptance via email, the following steps must be completed prior to receiving EOPS services.
- Register and attend an EOPS New Student Orientation (this is different than a general Shasta College orientation). Orientation dates will be listed in your acceptance email.
Preparing for Orientation Day: No guests or children will be permitted. You’ll need to arrive at least 15 minutes early for check-in and to have a casual photograph taken of you for your file. There will be no late entry. This is a one-time orientation if you stay consecutively enrolled and in good standing. You do not need to reapply each semester.
- Get registered in at least 12 units; at least 9 units for PACE students.
Being registered in full-time units will get you an invitation to EOPS Service Pick-Up which is held before each new semester starts. At Service Pick-Up, you'll receive your receive textbook services and schedule a counseling appointment.