EOPS Services are for current EOPS students who are in good standing. Students who are not in good standing may not be eligible for all services listed.
- Academic Counseling: Shasta College EOPS offers its students frequent, intensive academic and career counseling, over and above the counseling services available to the general student population of the college. Each counselor will assist students in creating and updating an educational plan, monitoring academic progress, providing financial aid information, assisting with transfers to four year universities, etc.
Highly trained academic counselors are available to EOPS students. See the EOPS Canvas page for the most up to date way of scheduling an appointment.
- Academic Achievement Awards: EOPS celebrates high achieving EOPS student in good standing with academic achievement certificates, an annual awards ceremony each spring, and an opportunity to earn EOPS Student of the Year scholarships for students that meet the Student of the Year criteria.
- Cap & Gown: EOPS students who earn a degree or certificate from Shasta College are eligible to receive a voucher to purchase their commencement cap and gown and an honors cord to students graduating with honors.
- Priority Registration: EOPS students are eligible to register for classes before the rest of the college population for the following semester eliminating waitlisted classes.
- Learning Assistants: Learning assistants are available to assist all Shasta College students with all subjects. Learning assistants also provide direction on organizational skills, understanding Canvas, study habits, and finding other resources, etc.
- Phi Theta Kappa Membership Fee: Phi Theta Kappa is the prestigious international honor society of two-year colleges. High achieving honor students that are invited to join can request a reimbursement of membership fees.
- Supply Grant: This is a grant posted to your Financial Aid award letter for the purpose of defraying the cost of your enrollment fees, materials fees, parking pass, printing cost, or any other school related need.
- Textbook Assistance: EOPS students are eligible for a book grant that can be used to purchase textbooks in the Shasta College bookstore. New and continuing EOPS students may also borrow books from the Library Course Reserves before the general student population.
- University Application Fee Waiver: EOPS students who are transferring to a UC or CSU campus are eligible to receive an application fee waiver when applying to university.