Application & Eligibility
For students who will be in the 9th - 12th grade in the 2021-2022 school year:
- Provisional acceptance is based on the completed application, recommendations from teachers and counselors, grade point averages (verified by transcripts), and personal interviews
- Participants must be willing to participate in TRIO Upward Bound workshops and events that help prepare them for college
- Participants must be able to attend attend at least one 6-week Summer Program
- Attend Central Valley or Enterprise High School
- Have a grade point average of 2.0 or higher
Students also must have completed the 8th grade, be between the ages of 13 and 19, and have a need for academic support in order to pursue a program of postsecondary education. All students must be from limited income families and/or be a potential first-generation college student.
There is no cost to Participate in Upward Bound, all services are free!