Associate Degree Nursing Prerequisite Requirements
Please contact a Shasta College Health Sciences counselor to verify that courses meets program requirements. Call the Health Sciences Division at (530) 339-3600 to schedule an appointment.
The science prerequisite courses must be completed with a grade of “C” or better in each course and a minimum science GPA of 2.5. All science prerequisites must have a lab component and typically be taken in person. Online lab courses will be accepted at this time.
- Anatomy (with lab)
- Microbiology (with lab)
- Physiology (with lab)
Students must complete general prerequisite courses with a grade of “C” or better in each course.
General Prerequisites - Minimum 3 Semester Units or 4 Quarter Units
- ENGL 1A College Composition
- ANTH 2 or SOC 1 Cultural Anthropology or Introduction to Sociology
- PSYC 1A General Psychology
- CMST 54 or CMST 60 Small Group Communication or Public Speaking
- CMST 10 - Interpersonal Communication will only be accepted as a prerequisite if completed Spring 2014 or prior.
- PSYC 14 - Psychology of Personal & Social Adjustment will only be accepted as a prerequisite if completed Fall 2017 or prior.
- SOC 2 - Social Problems will only be accepted as a prerequisite if completed Fall 2017 or prior.