Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) Enrollment Criteria
Space in the program is limited to 24 new students each spring semester. In order to be eligible for enrollment, students must file a program application packet during designated application filing periods.
Students must meet all the following requirements prior to enrollment:
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- Completion of prerequisite courses with a 2.0 or better GPA
- Completion of all Health and Safety Requirements.
The prerequisite courses must be completed with a 2.0 or better GPA in each course. All science prerequisites must have a lab component.
- ANAT 1 Anatomy (with lab) 5 units
- PHY 1 Physiology (with lab) 5 units
- HEOC 11 Medical Terminology 3 units
- HEOC 1 Introduction to Physical Therapy Professions 1 unit
Notes: The following courses will be accepted if totaling at least 4 units.
- Human Anatomy (with lab)
- Physiology (with lab)
TOTAL UNITS OF PREREQUISITES 12-14 units