Computer and Information Systems: CISCO Networking Certificate
This certificate prepares students for entry-level networking positions and is a pathway to the Information Technology Core Concepts Certificate and the Associate Degree Program in Information Systems - Systems Management, which has two areas of emphasis including Microsoft Server and CISCO Networking. The program prepares students to take the Cisco CCNA certification exam.
This is a locally approved certificate. Upon satisfactory completion of the listed requirements and application for completion of the certificate to Admissions and Records, the student will receive a certificate of completion. This certificate program is not approved through the California Community College Chancellor’s Office; therefore, completion of the certificate will not be listed in the student’s transcript.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this certificate, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate competence in the area of Cisco Networking. To demonstrate competence in this area the student will be able to build networks with the following features: three computers on a LAN using a switch; a router with passwords, interfaces, routing protocol configured; a switch with two VLANs and STP protocol; PPP encapsulation and PAP/CHAP authentication protocols between two routers connected with a serial link.
- Convert an IP Address and subnet mask from a dotted decimal notation into a binary format. Using the values in a binary format the student will then be able to demonstrate the function of the subnet mask in isolating the network address.
- CIS 2 Introduction to Computer Science 4
- CIS 31 CCNA 1 Routing and Switching – Introduction to Networks 3
- CIS 32 CCNA 2 Routing and Switching – Routing and Switching Essentials 3
- CIS 33 CCNA 3 Routing and Switching – Scaling Networks 3
- CIS 34 CCNA 4 Routing and Switching – Connecting Networks 3
Total Units for Certificate: 16
For reference only as of 2019/2020
We are dedicated to helping you reach your educational and career goals. To begin your journey, apply for admissions today!