Computer and Information Systems: Systems Management AS Degree
This degree combines core Information Systems Skills in three areas of emphasis including Microsoft Server, CISCO Networking, and Computer Maintenance. This 2 year degree prepares you to enter the workforce in an entry level IT related position with many public and private organizations, or to start your own IT related business.
This degree is approved through the California Community College Chancellor’s Office. Upon satisfactory completion of all degree requirements and filing an application for graduation with Admissions and Records, the student’s transcript will reflect completion of this degree.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this degree, the student should be able to:
- Build and troubleshoot a computer network involving three computers, two Ethernet switches, two routers, a server and DHCP addressing. Ensure proper security protocols are in place and show connectivity with successful ping replies from every node.
- BUAD 10 Introduction to Business 3
- CIS 2 Introduction to Computer Science 4
- CIS 13 Windows Desktop OS Configuration 3
- CIS 15 Install and Configure Microsoft Server 3
- CIS 31 CCNA 1 Routing and Switching – Introduction to Networks 3
- CIS 72 Fundamentals of Linux 3
- CIS 90 A+ Certification Preparation/Cisco IT Essentials I 4
- CIS 92 Introduction to Computer Security – Security + 3
- CIS 94 CIS Worksite Learning 1
- INDE 38 Introduction to Industrial Mechatronics 3
Choose One Emphasis Option
Option 1: Microsoft Server Option (9 units)
- CIS 14 Manage & Maintain Windows Desktop OS 3
- CIS 16 Administering Microsoft Server 3
- CIS 17 Configure Advanced Server Services 3
Option 2: CISCO Networking Option (9 units)
- CIS 32 CCNA 2 Routing and Switching – Routing and Switching Essentials 3
- CIS 33 CCNA 3 Routing and Switching – Scaling Networks 3
- CIS 34 CCNA 4 Routing and Switching – Connecting Networks 3
Associate in Science Degree Requirements
Additional General Education: 15
General Electives: 6
Degree Total: 60*
*Note: Calculation assumes a student will double-count the Multicultural graduation requirement with either a social science or humanities G.E. requirement and that the student will fulfill computer literacy through a test. If students plan well and see a counselor, they may be able to double count the Multicultural and Computer Literacy units. If these graduation requirements are added, the number of units is increased by 6 units.
For reference only as of 2019/2020
We are dedicated to helping you reach your educational and career goals. To begin your journey, apply for admissions today!