Computer and Information Systems: Computer Maintenance Certificate
The Computer Maintenance Certificate Program provides the exposure and training necessary to maintain and troubleshoot common PC computer systems. This program provides hands-on training in basic electronics, Operating System installation and maintenance, PC repair and computer management and prepares students for entry level jobs and is a pathway to the Information Technology Core Concepts Certificate and the Associate Degree Program in Information Systems - Systems Management, which has two areas of emphasis including Microsoft Server and CISCO Networking. The program prepares students to take the CompTIA A+ certification exam.
This is a locally approved certificate. Upon satisfactory completion of the listed requirements and application for completion of the certificate to Admissions and Records, the student will receive a certificate of completion. This certificate program is not approved through the California Community College Chancellor’s Office; therefore, completion of the certificate will not be listed on the student’s transcript.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this certificate, the student should be able to:
- Identify and troubleshoot common problems with computer parts and how to solve the associated problems.
- Describe the different types of memory, how each operates and installation procedure.
- Install a Microsoft operating system and configure the computer as a typical workstation.
- CIS 2 Introduction to Computer Science 4
- CIS 13 Windows Desktop OS Configuration 3
- CIS 14 Manage & Maintain Windows Desktop OS 3
- CIS 72 Fundamentals of Linux 3
- CIS 90 A+ Certification Prep/Cisco IT Essentials I 4
Total Units for Certificate:17
For reference only as of 2019/2020
We are dedicated to helping you reach your educational and career goals. To begin your journey, apply for admissions today!